3

Grace stayed in her position kneeling on the floor and waiting for No.0 to come out and soon she heard shuffling and thuds followed by sharp ticks of something hitting the cage floor, her smile brightened from the progress she was making. Then suddenly the noise stopped, and No.0 still hadn't come out as the shadow of the cage still cloaked her. Grace could only see two bright gold bronze eyes watching her from the darkness. So Grace expressed again in reassurance to No.0 "Hey now silly I still can't see you." she chuckled motioning her towards her but was rewarded with silence then a loud piercing whine.

No.0 took a step back her claws clicking again wary she was about to turn when suddenly Grace shouted "Wait" No.0 paused gazing back at Grace "please come out I want to see you." gradually extending her hand out within the metal bars of the cage towards No.0.

A quiet pause settled in the air everyone in the concrete chamber waited stressed expecting something. Mr.Hargreeves observed behind Grace examining the situation. His invention had just urged No.0 to show herself. No.0 rarely exposed herself to anyone except himself, unless of course, they managed to make her upset, and she would stop at nothing to get that person.

Then suddenly a heavy thud echoed throughout the enclosure, and a clawed fur covered hand stepped out slowly as soon it hit the floor a wolfish snout peaked out after.

No.0 was on all fours slowly stepping out one paw at a time, and once she was entirely out of the darkness, she kept her eyes down and ears down grimacing waiting for Grace's scream. There was complete and utter silence, so she peeked up, but to her surprise, Grace sat there completely calm looking at her beaming with pride.

Grace softly giggled "Look at you, you're not so scary," No.0 carefully stepped closer now in right in front of her; she towered over Grace even on her four paws. Which caused Grace to look up at her "and not so little" No.0 looked down at Grace and leaned down a little putting her snout closer to her face.

No.0 pushed through the cage and pressed her snout on Grace's cheek sniffing; she smelled so lovely so comforting No.0 thought. While Grace stayed still and calm watching No.0 snout press closer to her face smelling her, then all of the sudden No.0 gingerly licked her cheek.

Mr.Hargrevees watched amused finally pleased that No.0 has finally accepted a caretaker and not tried tearing her apart like the other ones he had brought.
Grace sat there beaming with happiness that she had managed to get No.0 approval, now it's her trust. She looked at No.0 that backed up and sat down in her back paws in a cute pose watching her; Grace slowly stretched her hand again towards No.0 passing through the cage.

No.0 watched Grace intently confused to see Grace's hand coming in contact with her neck. Her hand touched her neck, it was soft, but when she suddenly ruffled her neck fur No.0 to flinch pulling away a little bit. Grace saw this and stopped disappointed noticing that No.0 was moving away, but just as she was about to pull away, No.0 came closer laying down on her back, right next to the metal bars her fur poked out of the cage.

Grace settled her hand on No.0 fur petting her back and forth. No.0 content and pleased watched Grace drag her fingers through her fur, then she soon started to close her eyes letting out a big yawn. She closed her eyes tiredly flipping over on her stomach; Grace continued petting her slightly tugging knots out of her fur. Until finally No.0 settled into a peaceful slumber her body moved up and down while quiet snores escaped from her mouth.

Grace slowly stood up straightening her dress and looked at Mr. Hargreeves with a bright smile. He motioned for her to follow as he exited the room, leaving the beast to sleep with the closing of the large metal doors.

"I think it will be easy to deal with her, don't you sir?" Grace turned her head slightly

Mr. Hargreeves nodded "Yes, she seems to have already taken a liking to you."