I could still remember the ghost outline of his lips as he pinned me against the wall. His pleading gaze before pushing me aside to escape the inferno. I didn't understand how it was him though. The boy from the casino was pale and had ash hair.. yet those eyes were unmistakable. That piercing gaze that was embedded in my mind for weeks on end.

I glanced up to see we already had crossed a hall and stood in front of a bleak door. The male opened the door with a comforting smile. "This is Dabi's room" Dabi walked past the doorframe, shooting the male a menacing glare before fully entering so he could examine the room better. "This'll do" he spat and placed the only bag we brought next to the bed. He walked back out, placing himself next to me.

I heaved a sigh of relief as I saw he flashed me a soft smile. He knew I was struggling not to loose my composure in front of them. The caring gesture was soon to be interrupted though.

"Hey" We all turned to see none other than the annoying leader. His small hands scratched and ran up and down on his neck. Dry flakes of skin peeled and flaked away with each new scratch. "Dabi.. or whatever you call yourself. You owe me a talk" he stood at the end of the hall expectantly. Dabi remained next to me for a few moments, short breaths came from his scarred lips before his posture slumped. He mouthed a quick 'be safe' to me before he turned and 'accidentally' shoved the blond boy aside, following Shigaraki to wherever he was going.

Great. I blankly stared at the two figures before me. Hanako sucked in a breath before turning on her heels "I'm outta here, you can take care of this Nathan" she clicked her tongue and quickly disappeared from our sights. Nathan.. I had heard that name somewhere.

"It seems he isn't very fond of me" his lips then tugged into an awkward smile. Round glasses pushed up further close to his nose, partially hiding those golden eyes I had learned to resent. I remained about two or three steps behind him when he began leading me to my own room. Awkward silence consumed the hall for what seemed an eternity, I still favored it over holding a conversation with him.

"You're probably wondering about that day at the casino" his soft voice suddenly slaughtered the silence I had so much appreciated, but with information that grabbed my full attention. I still walked a few steps behind him, not confident in whatever he might do. "I'm listening" I spat, awaiting whatever explanation he had for it. We continued walking the moment he began.

"It was a mission for me as well. I was working on an undercover job and well.." his cheeks bloomed a soft pink. Nathan rubbed the back of his neck, an uncomfortable laugh daintily tumbling from his lips. "It's my quirk.. Mirage" he managed to stumble out in between embarrassed huffs. I quirked a brow. This time I stepped closer, now walking side to side with him. "Mirage?" He nodded. "Mirage.. I have the ability to take any genetical information and replicate it on myself or others. It stores the information and-" he trailed off, cheeks blooming into a darker shade if that was even possible.

"I might as well show you..the explanation is rather technical" he mumbled, more to himself than me. A soft glow irradiated from his forehead, that was mostly covered by his golden locks, and he swiped a hand slowly over his face. What the fuck?!- I nearly jumped backwards as I was greeted with a completely different face. Angular features framed by ash locks and a ghostly complexion. Him.. I stared at his transformation dumbfounded, no words to respond came from me. That's a pretty fucking interesting quirk. It reminded me of something that I couldn't put my finger on.

Nathan made exaggerated hand gestures and swiped a hand in front of my face "Hello? Earth to (y/n)" I swatted his hand away, a scowl prominent on my lips. "That's a fucking trippy quirk" He nodded and shrugged. "You get used to it with time" his gaze softened again, and he raised a finger to his forehead, specifically a lilac gem embedded into it. "All the genetical information is stored up here. Though I find it kind of annoying" he admitted. "I can only gain the genetical information by ingesting my target's DNA" he cleared his throat. "I can only do that by well.."