You + Elijah Mikaelson

Word Count: 831.

Warnings: Cursing at the end.

Prompt: The reader lives in New Orleans, just a small town girl who has a passion for animals. And Elijah gets the joy of helping you one day.

¶×¶×¶

"Arlo, I swear when I find you." You mumble.

You worked at an animal shelter, you cared for animals with a big and noticable passion. The problem is a husky named Arlo has somehow gotten out of the shelter and you were searching the streets for him.

"Well hello." Elijah chuckled looking at the dog who had run up to him and started licking his hand getting his attention.

"Arlo!? There you are, oh I am so sorry he got out and-"

"It's alright, no worries no one was hurt. He's a cute dog." You smile as you look up into the man's hazel brown eyes, "Thank you, but he's not mine I work for the animal shelter and he's supposed to get a bath."

Elijah nods his head and smiles "Where are my manners, I'm Elijah Mikaelson." You smile back at him.

"I'm Y/n, nice to meet you." He smiles "Maybe I could help you with bathing him." You look at him smile at him "Are you sure bathing dogs can be messy." He laughs.

"Lead the way." He smiles.

¶×¶×¶

"Arlo just needs in the tub." Elijah nods and places the dog in the tub "You might not wanna be dressed so properly for this next part."

He slides his jacket off and places it on the back of a nearby chair.

"Now we rinse him first, to soak the pet." Elijah watches as you soak the pet you looked so happy, you were happy to be around the animal.

"Arlo!" As the dog shook itself trying to rid the water off its body, Elijah froze as water hit his body from the dog.

He looked at the dog and you covered your mouth stifling your laughs "This is funny to you?" Elijah questions.

You shake your head but Elijah just grabbed the shower head and sprayed you "Elijah!" You squeal he laughs as you stare at him in disbelief.

"Shall we continue bathing this dog?" He questions with a smile.

¶×¶×¶

"You are soaked, what on Earth happened to you?" Rebekah questions shocked as she looks at her brother, Klaus was also intrigued.

"I ran into a dog and gave it a bath." Elijah answers.

"You gave a strange dog a bath?" Klaus questions.

"Yes, you should try it." Elijah disappears to change his clothes with you on his mind.

The next few days you and Elijah would meet at the park after your shift at the shelter "I should be honest with you, but I don't wanna ruin this with you." Elijah sighs.

"What's wrong, Eli?" You were concerned about this. He was such a great guy and you had found yourself falling in love with him.

"I'm an Original, an Original vampire." He didn't look at you not once.

"My family pretty much made vampires, we pretty much made New Orleans." He added "You're human and pure and I'm not I'm a monster in the human eyes." He looked out beyond the grass.

"Look at me." He looks down at you and even you shocked yourself when you leaned up on your tippy toes and kissed him.

"You're not a monster, I've never seen you like that and never will." You whisper.

Elijah had taken you somewhere, it was a house "This is our house, me and my siblings." He informs you.

"I thought we could talk here." He adds.

"Is this the dog you bathed the other day?" A guy with green eyes smirked.

"Y/n excuse my brother Niklaus he doesn't know how to speak to people properly." Elijah didn't move his eyes from yours.

"Ouch, that hurt." Klaus fake pouts "Besides that beautiful, just call me Klaus." Rebekah scoffed.

"Leave them alone, Elijah wants to be alone with his girlfriend." Elijah sighs "This is our sister Rebekah." Elijah introduces.

"Are there anymore of you guys?" Elijah chuckled "No, there's not. Come with me." You followed Elijah to what you assume to be his room.

"Y/n about what happened, I don't want to over analyze it but I have fallen in love with you and I don't see that changing. Now I understand you might not feel the same-"

"Shut up, Eli. I love you too and I know it won't be changing." He smiled softly and walked over to you before slowly leaning down and kissing you gently.

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Obviously Mr. Proper." He chuckled and pulled your body close to his.

¶×¶×¶
Fuck a protest let's just go bowling together.
Hey babies I have a new name tag here, it's weird life y'know. Sometimes writing isn't just a hobby it's your life-so you gotta like savor every moment of it and make it your life if your truly passionate about it.
XOXO Danosaurious™ 💋