It didn't take long to get to the pub Briar had hired out. I walked over there with confidence, knowing I was going out to have a good time and forget about a certain British boy.

"Dianne!" Briar grinned and embraced me as I walked in the doors.

"Hey," I smiled at her. "Where's the drinks, I've had a shitty day and I need alcohol."

Briar laughed, and pointed me in the direction of the bar, where I ordered a strong vodka and coke.

I was only on my second drink when Briar yelled that we were playing never have I ever, and grabbed us all to sit outside with a lot of alcohol. I now regretted not bringing a jacket, but I decided I'd just need to drink enough that I forgot about it. Some people were pussies and said they didn't want to play or some even went home because they wanted to be well rested for the competition, so there were probably only about 25 of us left sitting outside.

I sat down next to Briar, because as far as I knew she was the only other person here that I knew, however as everyone flooded out, I saw I was wrong. Caspar and Joe were walking out and sat down, both looking a little tipsy.

"Don't worry, nobody's forcing you to talk to him," Briar put her arm around me. I nodded.

Our eyes met for a brief second, and Joe stopped talking to Caspar and just stared at me. I looked away before he could try and mouth anything at me. I was here for a good time to drown my sorrows.

"I'll start," Briar grinned. She'd given the option of lemonade or vodka, because she knew a lot of people needed to be sober for competition. "We're gonna do some dirty ones but ultimately I just wanna see y'all drunk so do some weird shit like pooped in a bush."

"Okay," I laughed.

"Right, okay," Briar grinned. "Never have I ever eaten seafood."

Everyone stared at her. "The smell is vile," she shrugged, grinning as we all took a shot. "Milo's turn!"

"Okay, never have I ever pissed in public," Milo said. "Like as in peed outside."

Safe to say the majority of us downed a shot.

It was my turn next. "Okay, never have I ever broken a bone."

This one was more controversial. Most people here had broken something before, but there were still about ten of us who didn't drink.

Next was Devon. "Never have I ever kissed someone."

I was surprised yet also somehow oddly not surprised Devon had said that. I took a shot, but noticed Joe was looking down at the floor, not having taken a shot. He was one of about five who didn't. I felt momentarily bad for him, remembering what he'd said about his love life.

Ten more people went, with me having eight more shots, before it got to Joe's turn.

"Never have I ever had a girlfriend," he said. I could tell he was leaning towards drunk rather than tipsy now, but looking around me I could tell he definitely wasn't the only one. I was tipsy, but I knew it wouldn't be long until I was drunk.

At Joe's, about 75% of people took a shot, me included. Now it was Caspar's go.

"Never have I ever told someone who's not my family that I love them," he said.

I drank. I had. I didn't mean it, but I'd said it. Once again, Joe didn't touch his drink. Around ten others went, with me having seven more shots, and then Briar decided to call off the drinking game, saying it was time for seven minutes in heaven. I was definitely drunk by this point, but it was all good. I was exactly where I wanted to be. I took one more shot of vodka before Briar dragged me inside.