I heard the knock on the door and a startled scream escaped my mouth. I hurried to open the door and Nate was there leaning on the wall.

I tried hard to not let my hormones take over me and start checking him out.

He had a black shirt, with some jeans and he still had the bruises around his face.

"Want me to clean up those?" I asked raising an eyebrow.

"If you don't mind" He said and I stepped aside, letting him inside.

I sat next to him and started cleaning those bruises. It was pretty weird because he kept looking up at me and I saw the hurt on his eyes.

"Uhm so... what were you doing earlier? "

"Don't worry I wasn't killing anybody, I was just dealing something with my brother" He said with a playful smile.

"Don't smile" I scowled.

"Why not? Is it distracting you?" He raised his eyebrow and I rolled ny eyes. Here we go again.

"Anyways, you didn't told me you had a brother"

"Yeah, his name is Liam, he's one year older than you. And actually my full name is Nathaniel Ford and I'm 20 years old which mean I'm older than you. And how about you? Sisters, Brothers?" He's older than me? Didn't knew that. And Nathaniel, I love that name.

"Well you already know my name is Brianna Walker, I am 18 . And siblings well I have an annoying older brother called Jason who is 27 and my sister Sarah is 23" I saw Nate frown, as if he was really confused and mad.

"Something wrong?" I asked him and he shook his head "Uhm no"

"So... how exactly you got into all this mess?" I asked now putting the band-aid on his cheek.

He breathed deeply "Well, when my father died he used to work on this company and had a lot of money. He had a good future ahead, until my uncle who was a delinquent and a nobody got him involved by leaving this" He pulled out a necklace that had a chain, I grabbed it and it had some message in numbers, some code. Then he continued "in his house. My dad asked him what was it for and for the love of his brother he made a promise that he would take care of it as long as he can. My uncle died, and that trashed my dad. He left the company, he left me and my brother, he left my mom... all because he had to take care of this and himself. One day, when I was about 17 years old a man came up to me and gave me this box. When I looked inside there was the necklace and I was told that my dad died and told that man to give me the necklace so I could take care of it. At the beginning, I was so mad that I suddenly could die at any moment and having the responsibility for something that isn't my business, because I don't owe anything to my dad. But then... one day when I tried to give the necklace to some gang, they captured my mom thinking I was just fooling them. I told them I wanted to get rid of it, but they had to let my mom go. And lesson learned, never trust gangs. I gave them the necklace and he shot my mom, just like that. I was about to be killed when the man, who previously gave me the necklace saved me and killed everyone there. He told me to keep the duty and never try something stupid like this ever again because they would keep killing everyone I cared for. So I've been taking care of this because of my brother. Because the only importance I have, is that I have this necklace. This, is the reason why me and my brother are alive."

I didn't care tears rolled down my cheeks so suddenly. "C-Can I hug you?" I asked him between sobs. He made a little smile before wrapping his arms around me tightly.

"Hey it's okay, I'm okay, you're okay. And if its because mom and dad it all happened time ago. Yes, I must admit it hurt like crap when I lost my mom but life's life" He said quietly.

"But...I can't believe people judge you as a bad person without even knowing you" I said with sobs.

"Maybe I am a bad person after all, Brianna"

"No you're not, you're just troublesome " I told him now looking up at me.

"Remember the deal where I get to tell you what to do?" He asked me and I nodded quickly.

"I want you to not tell anyone about this, and I want you that no matter what happens you're not going to take the necklace or come close to it. I want you to stay safe" He whispered, his hands resting on each side of my cheek. His breath brushed with the bridge of my mouth.

♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥~♥

Author says...

ASHBJSFAKFJUFBF *SQUEALS* I'm fangirling....over my own story... JESUS! hahaha oh God I don't know why but this is my favorite scene so far in the story. Hope you liked it!! Comment, fan or/and vote? :D Thanks to everyone that's reading. Forgive me for not updating in a long looooooooong time. I'm trying to come back to this story again, I actually lost the mood (which is a normal thing for people who write) but just for my faithful readers I'll come back :)

XOXO ♥