𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

"how am i supposed to be
everything they're
expecting of me?"

     Fawn let out a gentle yawn as Spencer shook her awake. "Good morning, we've landed." He spoke quietly, as though not to spook the girl who was only half conscious.

     A soft smile spread across her lips as she sat up to stretch her arms; long blonde ringlets having fallen out long ago, leaving no body to her hair. "Thank you Dr. Reid, has everyone else already gotten off?" She asked in a gentle voice.

     "Oh, um, yes. Yes they got off about five minutes ago." He spoke with a smile, lending his hand to help her off of the plane seat.

     "Thank you, Dr. Reid." Fawn said with her sleepy tone, her pallid face seeming more at peace than before. She took his hand with a soft smile before stretching out her limbs, "Do you know where everyone else is?"

     Spencer returned her smile before a reply was emitted, "Yeah, they're all waiting in the vans outside. Ready to go?"

     She nodded her head with a smile, "Off we go!"

...

     Fawn settled into the passenger seat next to Aaron Hotchner, which was odd. Hotch seemed to immediately take to this girl, allowing her to sit in the front seat whilst he drove was an accomplishment that even Reid hadn't quite made yet. The fact that Hotch even waved Fawn over to sit with him was extremely uncharacteristic of him.

     The team arrived at the Dallas, Texas precinct, Fawn hadn't realized that the killings had all happened in Dallas, some had seemed to happen in Austin, too. Dallas wasn't somewhere where a woman could get along easily in the police force, it had always been a real boy's club.

     "I'm Aaron Hotchner, this is SSA Fawn Greene, and Dr. Spencer Reid." Hotch greeted the police department's sheriff.

     "Hello, I'm Sheriff Dan Holmes. Welcome to Dallas, pretty young thing." The almost fifty year old man's eyes lingered on Fawn's figure, causing Aaron and Spencer to step in front of her in a protective manner.

     "Do you have anywhere we can set up?" Aaron asked with an annoyed tone, his face reflecting his emotions clearly.

     "Right over here."

...

     Aaron was always glad when cases ended, but this one infuriated him more than usual. The department they worked with would make repeated comments about Elle, JJ, and Fawn's bodies. Whether it was catcalling them, whistling, or even saying derogatory things: these men always had to be speaking on a female's body.

     During the case, however, Aaron and Fawn grew much closer. She even told him bits and pieces of her past, and he shared stories of working at the BAU. They bonded insanely fast, which was unusual for the guarded man.

     On the plane ride back to Quantico, Fawn slept most of the ride, Morgan's jacket swamping her in a blanket-like fashion. Her blonde hair flopped in front of her face, and her pale skin seemed to have a gentle glow in the light of the jet.

     After what felt like hours, the plane landed. Everybody on the team headed home for some shut-eye, and Hotch was no exception. He needed to get home to see Jack.