Chapter 13: its 12:30 i need to go to sleep

I forgot that I didn't name who the first statue was i'm-

Fun fact: facial expressions are innate, not learned behaviors.

Your feet dragged against the ground, causing a thick layer of muck to collect on the bottom of your thin shoes. You yawned, watching as the little sheep in front of you happily trotted along in front of you. She would occasionally look back at you to see where you were.
You eventually had to stop and lean on the wall. You let out a quiet groan. Balalaila bleated and circled back around to you. She bumped into your leg and nuzzled it.
"I don't think I can go any longer," you slurred, your thoughts obscured by sleep.
She pushed your leg forward, to which you begrudgingly took a step.
"Fine," you muttered, "but if I fall on my face it's your fault."
You walked down the corridors for a few minutes before you happened on another clearing. There was a plaque at the entrance.
"To the lords who watch over us", it read. It was different from that of Lord Kars' handwriting. You groaned again and stepped into the clearing.
It was more like another corridor than a clearing, but instead of plain walls there were statues. You gulped. You weren't sure you should be in this clearing.
As you looked closer you saw that it was a sculpture of Abayek. You assumed that they were all sculptures of gods and goddesses.
You walked down the line of statues, mesmerized by the attention to detail. You hadn't even noticed that Balalaila had stopped until you almost tripped over her.
She had jumped up on to the plinth of Santana's statue and nested herself in his lap.
Lord Santana was sitting neatly, much like the picture that Balalaila had shown you earlier, with a book in his hands. You climbed on to the plinth and looked up under his hood. You were surprised to find that he had a carved face.
His lips were slightly parted in interest. His eyebrows were raised slightly. His eyes were beautiful, even if they were just carved from stone. Two strands of hair hung in his face.
You gently picked up the sheep, much to her protest, and curled up in the statue's lap. You looked into his face again.
"Uh, pardon my intrusion, my Lord," you mumbled. You placed your book under your head and used it as a pillow. You turned on your side with the sheep in your arms. Shutting your eyes, you could only hope that you wouldn't contract some other disease from the sculpture.
~
Santana couldn't sleep. Even with the presence of his brother, he couldn't calm his mind. He just stared into Wamuu's face and sighed.
Judging by the evenness of his breathing, it was safe to assume that Wamuu was asleep. Santana rested a hand on his shoulder and gave it a small squeeze.
"Go to sleep, Santana," Wamuu mumbled, letting out a particularly deep breath.
Santana frowned, "I can't."
"Why not?" Wamuu grumbled, placing his own hand on Santana's shoulder.
"It's, I," Santana stuttered, searching for the words.
"Too much on your mind?" Wamuu asked, raising an eyebrow. Santana nodded, but quickly muttered a yes after the fact.
Wamuu let out another deep sigh and raised himself up. He crawled over Santana and held his arms out to him. Santana took Wamuu's hand.
"Let's go make our own fun," Wamuu yawned, "it shouldn't be too hard to do."
Santana looked at him in disbelief.
"Wamuu, people are sleeping!" Santana hissed.
"I wanted to sleep, too, but you were staring at me so I couldn't," Wamuu grunted.
Santana mumbled a quiet apology. Wamuu pulled Santana along with him. He plucked his scale staff from the side of the door and brought Santana into the hallway.
"Where to?" He asked.
Santana shook his head, "Kars' study?"
Wamuu's face scrunched up, "Really? Of all the places we aren't allowed to go, Kars' study?"
Santana shrugged, "You asked and I told."
Wamuu shook his head and laughed.