Chapter 1: Kars' first human child

A/N: Hey guys! Thank you for the support! Here it is, the weird AU I made.

Ulios=Oo-lee-ohs   N'aerbazzd= N-air-bah-zz-d

Kars rested his head in his chin in thought. Days seemed to pass slowly, and nights even more so. He watched the flames of the crimson candles that seemed to never burn out. How lonely he was. The only entertainment seemed to be the parade of dead rats that scurried to and fro behind him. Kars let out a deep sigh. He needed a companion. Rising from his ebony throne, Kars formulated ideas in his head. His cloak fluttered behind him as he made his way to his study.

Kars was a solitary being, yes, but that did not mean that he enjoyed constant loneliness. Occasionally, one of his sons would stop by to visit with him, or his closest friend would pop in to annoy him. Not recently, though.

The God of Creation huffed at the state of his study. Books had been piled up or scattered around the room, and the fireplace was ever burning. Santana ruled over knowledge and intelligence, so shouldn't he know to clean up after himself? Kars seated himself at the comfy chair in front of the mantle and began to ponder once more.

He had made many lesser beings before, yet he had no clue of what his newest companion should be.

"Orc male," he said aloud. The skeleton of an adult orc appeared in his arms. Kars frowned, "Drow."The skeleton morphed into that of a slim drow. Kars spent many hours wondering and experimenting. He went through all of the nationalities, races, species, and ages before ending up with a human child. Kars still wasn't satisfied, however. He inspected the small skeleton. With a smile on his face, he made his last adjustment. "Female," he whispered. The skeleton shifted slightly to a female frame. He gazed at the figure cradled in his arms endearingly.

"Ah, your grace-"
Kars jumped in his seat. Who dared to sneak up on him and insult him like this?!

"I, ah, I apologize for intruding, Lord Kars, but the council requests your presence," Santana whispered quietly into Kars' ear.

"Santana, you know better than to sneak up on me," Kars growled, "but thank you for informing me, my little carrier dove." Kars rose from his seat, his new creation in his arms. Under his deep navy hood, Santana's orange eyebrows rose in question. He knew better than to inquire about what Kars did in his spare time.

~

Kars allowed Santana to open the large alabaster door for him. With a little bow, Santana introduced the room to Kars.

Kars never really liked council meetings. It meant that he had to converse with his fellow deities, including those that he loathed. He shifted the skeleton in his arms as to shield it from view. Kars acknowledged that bringing his newest creation to a meeting would end poorly, as it always did.

He slipped in unnoticed, for no one would notice in the commotion, and took his seat at the head of the table. Santana's seat was to Kars' left, and his other son, Wamuu, was to his right.

All of the gods seated around the large table were quiet when they discovered that Kars was among them. Even the most rowdy would fall silent in the presence of Kars. With all eyes on him, Kars began the meeting. He raised his hand to signal that he was ready.

"I am under the impression," he began, "that none of you could solve this issue by yourselves, so you called upon me for help."

The room remained silent for a few moments before Julianos, arguably one of the more difficult deities, spoke.

"Don't talk to us like we are common drabble, Kars! We earn'd our seats on this council same 's you!" Julianos hissed in his raspy, grizzled voice.