The Two Ships

Prompt: Before Clara, and before Amy and Rory, and before the Doctor went to the Dalek Asylum.

The Doctor was just out wandering about in space when the TARDIS lands on a spaceship. The Doctor finds himself with the very human Oswin Oswald. (They later forget that they met.) Sent in by Swag_In_Sparks. Enjoy!

*******

The strange man jumped around inside of his magic box, trying to decide where to travel next. He could go anywhere, and see anything he desired. Meanwhile, a flirtatious young woman flipped the switches in the command board to help stabilize the gravity on her ship: The Starship Alaska. She was on a mission, even if she didn't know exactly what that mission was yet.

The Doctor was the strange man's name. Oswin was the young woman's. Both were very similar in their general personalities and quirkiness, but one thing separated the two, and that was reason. Oswin ran strictly on her mission, filling out reports. The Doctor bounced through time and space aimlessly, seeing whatever he could see. Oswin wanted do desperately to do that; but the only way she'd ever get to see anything was if she went on missions.

*******

The Doctor bounced around the console of his beloved ship and pulled a few levers. He would let his ship carry him wherever she may. Oswin was filling out reports when she heard the whooshing sound that accompanied by the materialization of a blue police box. She immediately stood from her chair and waited for whatever may be in the box to come out.

"Sorry about that, let the TARDIS chose where to go this time," the inhabitant of the box said as he walked out.

"You have an enormous chin," was the first thing that came out of Oswin's mouth. She immediately regretted her words but instead smiled so that this man may not know.

"There is nothing wrong with this chin, and sorry, but where am I?" he asked her.

"Starship Alaska, Oswin reporting for service. I'm copilot," she answered proudly.

The man and the woman bantered for a bit, both happy for the other's company. Oswin shamelessly flirted with the Doctor, who could only stutter and make nonsense sounds.

"Shit," Oswin muttered all of a sudden.

"What? Did I say something?" the Doctor asked her concerned all of a sudden.

"I didn't finish the reports and they were due twenty minutes ago. Sorry, I just realized that. And I never caught your name," she reminded him, standing up to grab the files and finish them quickly.

"The Doctor."

"Oh, well that's a bit mysterious and a tiny bit sexy. Is that why you chose it?"

"I don't know why I chose it, actually. Just did," he answered, smiling a little half grin. Oswin grabbed him by both cheeks and kissed him. It wasn't a meaningful kiss by any means, but Oswin liked to see him blush.

"Why did you just do that?" the Doctor asked, surprised.

"I don't know why, actually. Just did," she said, mocking him.

Another two hours passed before the man left the woman all alone again to finish her reports. She smiled as she did them this time, but unfortunately for her, she didn't complete them on time. She was going to get a new mission, right by the most dangerous place in the universe: the Dalek Asylum.

*******

I know it's not very long, but I wanted to at least update something. (I skipped my homework for you guys for this.) Please vote, comment, follow, and send. In. Those. Prompts.