three:

three days later
Monday

I threw my hair up in a ponytail before walking in the hallway, scooping up Davie in my arms and walking into the living room. I'd been teaching Davie about my job recently and what I do, and unfortunately that required watching some WWE TV.

"What doin'?" he asked, looking up at me.

"We're gonna watch some wrestling. Remember, Mommy's job?" I said as we sat down in front of the TV. He nodded as I turned the channel and Raw came on, a match between Joe and Mike "the Miz" came on. "This is what Mommy does for a job. I get to wrestle,"

"Uncle Joe?" he asked playfully, pointing at the screen.

"Yes, baby, that's Uncle Joe," I laughed softly, kissing his head.

"He big," he told me, raising his eyebrows. I laughed and ran my fingers through his hair before I heard my phone ring in the bathroom.

"I'll be right back, baby boy. Just hang tight and watch Uncle Joe," I said, setting him on the floor next to me. I jumped up and walked hastily to the bathroom, answering the Connecticut number quickly. "Hello?"

"Hi, is Analyn Cortez available?"

"This is she," I said, furrowing my brows.

"Daisy, it's Triple H. It's Hunter. How are you tonight?"

"Oh, Hunter. I'm okay, and you?" I asked, feeling a sudden rush of nervousness fall over me.

"I'm doing pretty well, thank you. How's your child? From my understanding no one knows about it, and so don't worry, I haven't told anyone," he said, making me sigh in relief.

"He's okay," I smiled slightly.

"Good. Cute as hell, I can imagine. Jon still doesn't know, I'm sure?"

"No, sir. I haven't spoken to him since we've broken up. Please don't say—"

"I won't, Daisy. No worries. You can trust me," he assured me. "Listen, Daisy, I'm calling on behalf of my father-in-law, Vince McMahon, in regards to your current status with the WWE,"

"I haven't been with the company for two years. What's going on?" I asked, furrowing my brows.

"We want you back. We have a proposition for you," he said, making me just stay silent. "Five year contract. $750,000 a year. You're the material we need for our women's division,"

"Hunter, I don't know—"

"Just consider it. Your child would be in great hands here, as well. Not sure if Renee or anyone has told you, but we have invested in a great childcare system that travels with us," he said, making me second guess my initial decision. "If you choose to leave the status of your child anonymous, we can work with that. It's just something to think of. Its been killing Stephanie and I to see you getting booed at those Indy shows. We know you have so much more potential to be successful, and we want you back here."

"I'll consider it," I nodded, smiling slightly.

"I know you're located near the Performance Center, so maybe we can schedule a meeting. I'll be there on September 3rd. Could we meet about it?" he asked, making me nod. "It gives you a few weeks to think about it,"