one:

June 23, 2015

I smiled down at the pregnancy test in my hand before letting out a happy sigh, shoving it away in my pocket before walking out of my dressing room and into the hallway. I couldn't wait to tell my boyfriend of 5 years— I knew that he would be ecstatic. We'd talked about starting a family, and we initially planned on a wedding first. Guess God has his own ways of blessing us.

I looked around for him through the arena, barely able to keep my excitement in. Yesterday was a fantastic day with it being my birthday, and today topped it off. I just couldn't wait to tell Jon.

Finding him these days was harder— his matches demanded more vigorous warm ups, so I understood. He had to focus on warming up or he could get hurt, and that's the last thing I wanted for him.

"Hey, have you seen Jon?" I asked my best friend, Renee, as I passed her in the hallway.

"I haven't. Is everything okay?" she asked, furrowing her thin brows.

"Everything is great. I'll tell you later," I said as I jogged down to where I knew Jon's best friend, Colby, would usually be getting ready in his dressing room.

I found the door with Colby's name on it before pushing the door open slightly before hearing a woman giggle. I hesitated for a moment and looked inside to see Eva, her lips locked on someone else's. Jon's.

I felt immediate anger and sadness. Tears filled my eyes as my excitement disappeared fully, and I tried to decide what to do next.

"Alright, alright. I've gotta go. If you keep this a secret, I'll make sure to treat you real good next time around, okay?" Jon said lowly, making me nearly sob into my hand as tears fell down my cheeks. "I don't want to hurt Daisy. Don't let her find out."

"Sounds good, baby," she said softly before I pushed the door open fully, making the door hit the wall as I crossed my arms as the two's gazes snapped to me.

"Daisy," Jon said softly, his now red lips parted in surprise. "Baby, it isn't—"

"F-Five years, Jonathan," I said simply as I'm sure tears poured down my hot cheeks. "Five years we were together."

"Honey—"

"Don't honey me," I scoffed as Eva slipped passed me and out the door, leaving only me and my boyfriend in the tense room. "H-How long have you been cheating on me?"

"I wasn't cheating on you, Daisy, I—"

"Okay, let me rephrase— how long have you been fucking her and lying to me?" I asked more bluntly, taking him off guard. I rarely cursed like that, and he knew it— he now knew the extent of my anger. "How long, Jon?!"

"I was not fucking Eva, Daisy!" he said sternly, furrowing his eyebrows.

"Then tell me what you've been doing, Jon! Obviously there was something. I just saw you two making out. Don't tell me there was nothing," I said, reaching to wipe my tears away.

"Can't we wait to talk about this? I've got a match and I can't handle this right now," he groaned, making me shake my head softly.

"Whatever, I guess. Good luck," I said shakily as he walked straight past me and out into the hall, where he would continue on with his night.