Chapter 1 ~ A is for Arrival

DISCLAIMER ~ So I don't own anyone in this chapter except Matt. It all goes to Rick Riordan. It's all his. I mean I don't trust him with it but however it's his...

Travis' PoV

It's safe to say I've never been more terrified in my whole life. Which is saying something because I've seen some weird stuff.

So,basically,I'm Travis Stoll. I'm 12 years old and I WAS going to Ashfield Middle School (A/N~ I'm British so idk if this is a real school. Idk if you're even in middle school at 12 years old XD)

I say was because me and my younger brother Connor were in PE and the next thing I know,Medusa or something comes along and tries to kill us! So we ran. We also managed to pull along two boys. Pollux and Castor I think. They're twins.

Anyway we got away from the school and we ran into the nearby forest where people from our school go to smoke,drink and do drugs or whatever. Not the best school,I know. It's not me and Connor's fault we get kicked out of every school we go to...we're just avid prankers with ADHD and dyslexia. And no dad and a mother that's an alcoholic...whatever.

"Where are we gonna go now?" Castor asks. I think it was Castor anyway.

"I-I don't know. We just had to get out of there," I stop running and so does the other three boys. I lean against a tree.

"What the hell was that?" Castor and Pollux exclaim at the same time.

"I don't know," Connor spoke up.

Suddenly,we hear a twig snap. Did that thing from PE chase us here? Suddenly a figure comes into view. I couldn't see it properly from the dark,gloomy woods but however I could make out that it was a girl.

"Who's there?" Connor called. Seriously? Just give us away to the monster thing. Thanks bro.

I hear it gasp.

"I-um...d-don't attack...please...I'm not a monster..." I hear her say. She sounds so scared. I put my arm in front of Connor,motioning for him and the twins not to attack or anything.

She comes closer. I can suddenly make her out.

She has brown hair that goes just by her shoulder. She's about my age and she has emerald green eyes and delicate features. And freckles. She was pretty cute. Wait what?

Katie's PoV

I had been wandering about for weeks now. I'm Katie Gardner. I'm 12 years old and I just ran away from my step mother.

I know you're probably wondering why.

Well,she married my dad when I was about six. At this point I didn't mind her much. Then when I was 10 my dad died. I don't know who or where my mother was. Angela was my only 'family' left so legally,I was her responsibility.

This,however,was not a good thing. I don't know if it was out of grief or if it was all an act for my dad,but she started being really cruel. I have a passion for gardening so she moved us to an apartment in Downtown LA,attempting to pursue her career as an actress. However,I was a burden. She started growing impatient with me and started not feeding me and treating me crudely. I had finally had enough. I took a shark tooth my father had got for me from his honeymoon with Angela,a dagger my dad said was from my mother and a box of muffins from the kitchen. It was all I could find.

Anyway,back to the point.

There were four boys in front of me. Two sets of brothers I think. Two of the boys had curly hair and interesting purple eyes. The other set of brothers had light brown curls and mysterious looking blue eyes. The one that spoke was slightly smaller than the other one. The taller one was pretty cute...

What? Katie no!

"I-I'm Katie Gardner. I'm not gonna do anything I have no idea where I am..." I manage to stammer.

The taller one of the brunette brothers stepped forward.

"I'm Travis Stoll," he said,extending his hand towards me. I hesitate and then shake his hand. His hand is soft wow...what? Katie stop it!

He looks towards the other three boys.

"This is Connor. He's my brother. He's a year younger than me. I'm 12," he says,gesturing towards the boy who spoke earlier. He nods at me and I give him a small smile.

"That's Castor-"

"No,I'm Pollux!" The boy,Pollux,exclaims at Travis.

"That's Pollux," Travis corrects himself. "And that's Castor,"

I nod at the two other boys and stare at the ground uncomfortably.

We hear movement. And the...clopping of goat hooves?

"Guys,I know you're there!" I hear another male voice.

"Matt?" Travis says,questioningly. Well Travis knew him.

An older boy,about 16 stumbles over a hedge. He looks around all the boys then he looks at me. He examines me for a moment,nods and mutters to himself

"Another one,"

I don't understand what he could mean by that but I don't say anything.

"You know that badass camp I go to that I talk about?" Matt asked,looking at the boys who nod. "That's where you're going. Come on,"

"Katie too?" Travis says,almost defensively...

"Yeah. Katie too..." Matt glances at Travis,then me and he smirks. I don't understand him...wait...he has the legs of a goat. Apparently we're all too shy to say anything because no one says anything.

"Oh...yeah. I'm a Satyr by the way...half human,half goat," Matt says casually,as if it was nothing.

And that is how I got to Camp Half Blood and how I met the Stoll Brothers and Pollux and Castor.

A/N- that's also how ima end the chapter. So...vote and comment please I really wanna know if you guys like it! B should be up pretty soon. Hope you enjoyed!

QOTC- (Question of the chapter) favourite character from PJO/HoO?

Mine would probably be the Stoll brothers <3

~ Jodie