Trust

It was the night of a full moon, at 10:45 exactly. Tails had just gone to bed 15 minutes ago and Sonic was getting ready to head out to meet up with some friends.

Shadow sat on the couch in the living room as he watched his lover stress about. He was always like this on every full moon, always going on about how if he didn't hurry, his friends would be waiting on him, even if he was the fastest thing alive.

“Would you stop stressing, love, you do this every month.” Shadow playfully rolled his eyes.

“Sorry, I'm just having trouble finding something.” Sonic admitted. “It's pretty important for our group's event.”

“What is it? Maybe I can help you find it.” Shadow offered as he stood up.

“Oh, wait, I think I know where it is.”

Quickly, Sonic ran upstairs and into his room, slamming the door behind him. A few minutes later, he came back out, sporting a brown satchel bag over his shoulder. “Found it, I'll be going now!”

“Mind telling me where you're going this time?” Shadow asked him curiously.

“Sorry Shads, it's strictly between the group and I.” Sonic gave an apologetic smile before giving him a quick kiss. “I'll be back later. Late. As always.”

“Alright then, baby.” Shadow sighed in disappointment. “Have a good time tonight.”

“I will. Love you.”

“Love you too.”

With that, Sonic walked through the front door and left the house. As he walked down the driveway he turned back around to see Shadow peeking out at him through the window. Sonic smiled and blew him a kiss. Shadow smiled and pretended to catch it, holding it to his heart.

“Chaos, I hate lying to him.” Sonic sighed sadly as he turned back around and began running to the meeting point. “Maybe tonight will be the night I finally tell him.”

Sonic kept running as he made his way into town. He kept running until he finally made it to the meeting point.

Club Rouge.

Sonic sighed and stepped into the bar, a few heads turning to acknowledge him before going back to their own business. Sonic nodded to a few regulars before stepping up to the counter.

“Sonic, there you are.” Rouge announced softly when she noticed him.

“Hey Rouge.” Sonic greeted the bat. “Is everybody else already here?”

“Yes hun, they're in the back waiting for you.”

“Thanks.”

Sonic turned away from the counter and began walking away, heading to the back to a wooden door that held a sign that read RESERVED on it. As he opened the door, he was immediately greeted with a soft purple light that filled the entire room.

A small candle chandelier hung on the ceiling, giving off the purple glow. To the left of the room was a separate bar stocked with drinks. In the very middle of the room was a round table with a half circle bench. The table was secure to the floor, as was the bench. The bench was a normal brown with red leather seating, the table however, was a black granite with a white pentagram drawn in the middle. At the table, four others already sat.

A male green salamander named Newt.

A female pink squirrel named Strawberry.

A female blue hedgehog named Maura.