"I don't know who you are but you might not want to walk up on me right now. I'm warning you," Naila said fists still up.

"I don't want to fight yo—Wait a minute..." the girl paused looking at Naila. "You can't see me so are you blind?"

Naila agitated by the question snapped at the girl. "Yes I'm blind! Are you going to bully me too?"

"No not at all! Why would I do such a thing?"

Naila slowly put her hands down to her sides and unclenched her fists. "No reason..."

"I'm Janet by the way," Janet smiled as she approached Naila.

"Naila—" Naila held her hand out and Janet accepted giving her a handshake. "—it's nice to meet you Janet."

"Likewise Naila...say Naila why don't you have a stick to help you around?" Janet questioned with a bit of confusion.

"Brittany took it," Naila sighed.

"Brittany? My brother's girlfriend?" Janet frowned.

"Your brothers girl—Janet is Michael your brother?"

"Yes, unfortunately Michael is my brother," Janet joked. "I'm just kidding!"

"You guys sound the same," Naila smiled thinking about Michael's soft voice.

"Girl we do not sound the same stop lying to me," Janet laughed. Naila joined in and they enjoyed a laugh together.

Even though Janet didn't know Naila that well she felt that they would be great friends.

"Let's go get your stick back," Janet said once they settled down from their laughing.

"You're going to help me?" Naila asked in shock.

"Why wouldn't I help you?"

Janet knew the answer to her question but wanted to make sure it was the right answer.

"Well because Brittany is your brother's girlfriend and—"

Janet immediately cut her off. "And just because she's my brother's girlfriend doesn't give her a right to do what she did. I don't care who she is."

Grabbing Naila's hand Janet walked out of the restroom in search of Brittany. The late bell rang but Janet didn't care. She was destined to help Naila find her stick.

When Janet spotted Brittany she glared at her and Brittany waved.

"Jan sis! What are you doing with her?" Brittany questioned as Janet stood in front of her.

"Give her the stick back Brittany," Janet seethed through clinched teeth.

"I do not have that girl's stick Janet! Why would I do such a thing?"

"You do because you and some other girl were the only ones in the bathroom at the time that I was!" Naila spoke.

"How would you know?" Brittany scoffed. "You can't even see!"

"Brittany take that back right now!" Janet pointed getting in Brittany's face.

"Oh hush Janet it's the truth. I didn't tell a lie now did I?"

"Why do you hate me so much," Naila choked.

"I don't hate you, I just don't particularly like you," Brittany shrugged.

"Whatever—just give me back my cane please," Naila sighed not wanting to discuss anymore.

Just then a teacher walked out of their classroom to see what the commotion was about.

"Brittany and Janie you should be in here in class." Then he turned to Janet and Naila. "You two—why aren't you in class?"

"Brittany has my—"

"Mr. Gordon did I tell you how nice blue looks on you?"

Mr. Gordon distracted by Brittany's comment, looked down at his baby blue shirt. Then he looked back up at Brittany and smiled. "Thank you Brittany. Now you and Janie in my class now!"

He turned around to go back into the class and Janie followed. Brittany stayed back to say something to Naila.

"Why don't you check the trash," Brittany whispered and then quickly ran into the room.

"Where is your class Naila?" Janet asked as they began walking.

"Room 145, Math," Naila answered.

"I'll take you to your class and look for your stick for you."

"Janet that's not necessary, I don't want you to get in trouble with your teacher—"

"I will not get in trouble my teacher adores me Naila. Besides I want to help you out."

Janet and Naila approached Naila's class and Janet opened the door for her. Just like Naila's other class, everyone turned to look at the door.

"Hi Naila glad to have you join us today," Ms. Banks smiled.

"I'm Janet I was advised to bring her because she doesn't have her stick."

"Naila where is your stick?"

"I uhh—lost it somewhere," Naila lied.

"And I'm going to help her find it," Janet smiled reassuringly.

"Well thank you Janet," Ms. Banks said returning the smile.

Janet held Naila's hand as she directed her to her seat. "Enjoy class, learn a lot..." Janet giggled then quickly left the room.

"Okay class now find the slope," Ms. Banks instructed.

~

After class Janet was standing outside of Naila's class waiting for her.

"Are you ready for the test next week Naila?"

"Yes Ms. Banks I am ready," Naila smiled.

"Okay make sure you come to me if you need help," she said giving Naila a pat on the shoulder. "Your friend has come back to get you."

"Hey Naila!"

"Hey Janet...did you find it?"

Janet hesitated, "I-I did actually."

"Okay well can I have it?"

"Naila they wrote something on it and I tried to get it off but it's permanent marker," Janet sighed, slightly frustrated.

"W-What did they write?"

Naila didn't really want to know what hurtful thing they wrote on her walking stick. But she had to know because she would be walking around with this exact stick.

"It says 'Blind Bitch'," Janet spoke.

That was the last straw for Naila as tears began to fall down her face.

To be continued...

I hope you all enjoyed this chapter! More to come ;).

Please vote, comment, and share.