ONE.

One thing that I haven't been able to make a habit out of is brushing my teeth twice a day. Sure, I'll brush right after I wake up. It's at night I feel a sense of difficulty of getting the deed done. Don't get me wrong, I want healthy teeth as much as the next person. It's just that I can't bring myself to do it. In a way, it doesn't really matter. None of this matters. My world's monochrome anyway. 

I'm now the only one in my house who's still Unicolurous. It's a symptom we're born with which restricts us to seeing only in black and white till we meet the person we're going to spend our lives with- soulmates or whatever. My parents and my sisters are all Ametic. It's Latin for vibrant and in this case, enables people to see in colour. Here's the thing though- Person Right doesn't have to be yours by love. It can be any kind of relationship. What's more romantic is that Amet by Amor is extremely, extremely rare. It's just as cool and cheesy as it sounds. Do I want to be an Amor Ametic? It'd be cool, yeah. Would I mind settling for a father figure or a five-year-old daughter? Disappointing but okay.

My parents aren't Amors. Sakura, one of my sisters, told me once that apparently Ma and Pa tried the whole husband and wife thing for quite a while but it didn't work. After me, they agreed to be parent figures without the kisses and other marriage things. Now they're just brother and sister, raising three kids. It's working out great since they're pretty chill. Ma works as a food caterer for big events which usually take place in town. She's forty-something. I don't really know how old she is, it's rude to ask women apparently (and that's not sexist?). Pa is fifty-one and is an architect. I don't mean to brag but he's quite popular and on high demand. The only thing we bond over is our love for video games- a typical guy thing.

Me? I'm Haruka. In spite of my (slightly) girlish name, I'm a guy through and through. I'll be turning seventeen this August. I'm almost always listening to music. I help my mom with her catering and am currently Unicolurous. Most of my pals are still monochromatic like me and, to be honest, it isn't as bad as it seems. Except you're like a cow since they're colour blind. Okay, maybe it's just as bad it seems. But you just get used to it.

You might be wondering:

"Haruka, how do you live when your world looks like one of those old soaps from the '50's?"

To this, I truthfully say:

"You just get used to it, oh well."

(A/N): Introductory chapters are clearly not my thing.