The Human of the Pack

It started with Erica. The young beta started hanging out with Stiles, surprising almost every student at Beacon Hills High School - including Stiles. Instead of her new cocky attitude, she started showing the old Erica around him and her pack. She smiled at him and ranted about the new Marvel movies to him.

Stiles didn't mind though, Scott was too busy making out with Allison and Stiles got lonely. So he gave Erica rides to school, they went to the movies together - both made sure the other knew it wasn't a date, they weren't romantically interested in each other, and both knew Stiles had the biggest crush on Erica's Alpha.

"You can just ask him out." Erica says to Stiles when they're hanging out. Stiles is siting at his desk, looking for more information about the new threat in Beacon Hills, and Erica is laying on his bed, reading an old comic book.

"Derek, yeah, I don't have a death wish." Stiles answers without looking up from the computer screen.

"I think he's interested in you too." She tells him, "His heartbeat changes when I mentioned your name earlier."

"It's probably because he remembered how much he hates me." Stiles says and sighs, "And, he'd never say yes - even if he liked me. I'm 17 and the Sheriff's son. He's 23 and been arrested twice, both times by my dad. He knows he won't agree if we would date, and I don't want to be the reason he's arrested for the third time."

Erica rolls her eyes and turns back to the comic book she was reading, "I'm just saying, he likes you."

Before Stiles can answer, his father knocks on the door. "Hey, I was thinking about ordering pizza- don't give me that look Stiles. I'm an adult and I can decide what I eat. Anyway, Erica, want to join us for dinner?"

"I would love to." She smiles at him. "Good, I'm guessing extra meat for the werewolf strength?" He answers, making her laugh. "No, I'm a vegetarian, which apparently all the other werewolves think is weird. I usually have extra cheese." The sheriff nods and turns towards is son, "The usual?"

Stiles nods and his father leaves the room. "I'll text Derek that I'm staying here." Erica tells him and quickly grabs her phone from her bag.

A few feeks later, Isaac started joining them too. Stiles discovered that the werewolf was actually a good guy and wondered why he ever hated him. Except when they tried to kill Lydia, it wasn't their proudest moment.

Sometimes it felt like Stiles had two bodyguards, since Scott basically abandoned him for Allison, the two werewolves barely left his side. No one commented about it though, because Erica's and Isaac's new attitude kind of scared most of the students. A senior once tried to bully Stiles, thanks to Isaac he hadn't left the hospital for a week.

At first Stiles wasn't sure if he liked being followed the whole day, but he soon found out that he didn't mind. His dad didn't either, he once in a while placed two extra plates on the table and no one mentioned it.

It was two weeks later that Stiles found out Isaac had nightmares. Isaac was at his house and they both had fell asleep researching vampires. Stiles was woken up by whimpering next to him.

He wasn't surprised though, Isaac had been through some traumatic stuff.

Stiles quickly gets up and shakes the taller boy softly, "Isaac, wake up. It's just a dream, wake up." The curly haired boy gasps for air when he wakes up and holds onto Stiles arm.

"Hey, it's okay." Stiles whispers to him, "It was just a dream." He doesn't notice he's hugging him until the werewolf calms down.

"Do I need to get you something? Tea or something else that calms you down? What do you usually do?" Stiles asks softly and Isaac blinks a few times, making sure he isn't still dreaming. "I usually sleep in Derek's room, he said that being around and Alpha usually calms betas down and makes them feel safe."