1

January 2nd, My first day of school, was the day I dreaded the most. But I really had no choice but to get up.

'Why does school start so early?' I got up at 6:30 because class starts at 7:30.

At that moment, my phone rang, so I went to pick it up.

'Yah, Ji Youngjin, are you ready? I'm already outside your house!'

'Oh, for heaven's sake, how early do you wake up, Hyunjae?'

'Why are you asking?'

'I JUST WOKE UP!'

'Why do you wake up so late?'

'Waking up with 1 hour to get ready is more than enough for me!'

'Whatever, just let me in, it's freezing outside.'

'Ok.'

I put down the phone and went downstairs to the front door. I opened the door and a gush of cold wind overwhelmed me at that point.

'You were right, Hyunjae, it really is cold outside,' I told her while shivering at the same time. 'I know, so are you gonna let me in or wait till I freeze to death out here?' She asked.
'Oh, sorry,' I said and let her in.

'Well, go get ready, we're going to school soon,' said HyunJae.

'But school doesn't start till another 1 hour,' I protested.

'I want to go to the library, don't you?'

'Oh, right. Just wait here, I'll be down in 20 minutes.'

I left her and went upstairs to my room to get ready. I bathed and got out in 10 minutes and changed into a blue hoodie and black ripped jeans. I put some makeup on and went downstairs to have some breakfast.

I offered some cereal to Hyunjae, in which she politely declined. Once I gobbled up my breakfast, grabbed my bag and my phone and put on my Converse shoes, we were out the door.

The walk to school wasn't really pleasant despite the weather.

When we got to school we still had half an hour till class starts so we went to our first class's classroom, which was history, put our bags down and went to the library.

I gasped when I saw the library. It was filled with books at every corner. Since Hyunjae and I both liked books, hence being so excited to read all the books in the library wasn't really quite a surprise.

It was like heaven on earth reading all the books we got from the shelves. We went back to our history classroom with 10 minutes left.

We went to our seats when we reached. I went to my seat and took my bottle out to drink some water. Hyunjae and I spent the rest of our time talking because we hadn't really seen each other for a long period of time.

Our history lesson started when the teacher came in.

We were 5 minutes into the lesson when the door of the class slammed open and a decent young boy with a very pigmented red-coloured hair came dashing in. He had a pair of hazel brown eyes, with skin milky white. He looked very angelic, somehow.

I looked at him curiously as he apologized to the teacher. I didn't even realize when the teacher had asked him to sit beside me. I was mesmerised by his angelic looks. He was what you would call beautiful and an angel.

I guess he sensed I was staring at him because he turned to me and gave me the most beautiful smile ever. I blushed when he did, which he chuckled about.

The professor continued with his lesson, so I took out my notebook and started taking notes, turning my attention to him once more.

Our history class was over and everybody started leaving the class. I was just about to leave when I saw a phone on the ground.

I looked at it, confused as to why there would be a phone on the ground. It couldn't be mine, I had mine in my pocket and neither could it be Hyunjae's, because she was holding hers.

I started asking the people all around me whether it was their phone which they dropped, but none of them claimed it to be theirs.

There was only one possibility left, which was the boy who had sat next to me.

I started packing my bags quickly and went out of the classroom. I started frantically looking around for the male in the corridor but it was almost impossible because there were so many students.

I decided to just give it back to the male tomorrow and rushed to English class with Hyunjae alongside me.

English class ended and Hyunjae and I went to the cafe to eat. When we reached I saw a table filled with people and spotted the boy who had been sitting beside me between them. It looked as though he was quite on the popular side as a lot of people, I noticed, seemed to want to sit beside him.

I rushed to the his side and tapped his shoulder. I said a formal hello.

'Yes?' he politely asked me. 'Nothing, I just wanted to know whether this might be your phone,' I replied. 'Oh, it very well is. Thank you for helping me, I worried it might've gone missing,' He told me. I nodded as a sign of 'you're welcome' and left to get some food.

The rest of the day was fine, except for when we almost were late for chemistry.

We were going back to my house. The weather was worse on the trip back home.

'Bye, Youngjin, don't be late tomorrow, we're going to the library again tomorrow, ok?' said HyunJae after wolfing down the chicken lasagna I had made for dinner.

'Whatever, but bye anyways!' I shouted. Then she grabbed her coat and left.

I quickly cleaned up the mess the both of us had made.

'Such a tiring day. I deserve some ice cream,' I told myself and got some ice cream and sat down to watch a movie.

Thereafter, I left the empty ice cream box on the sofa downstairs and went upstairs to my bedroom.

I drifted off to a deep sleep.