"Hey, Der, you alright?" Stiles asked, his voice soft and gentle. The werewolf seemed to suddenly realize where he was and immediately got up, turning his back to the now 18 year old human.

"It's okay to cry, man. But it's just a movie." Stiles says and takes a step closer, which is probably a bad idea, an upset werewolf sometimes loses control.

"It's not that." Derek answers, his voice filled with emotion. "Just... go."

"No, I'm not leaving you alone when you're upset." Stiles answers and grabs the wolf's arm. He expects Derek to push him away, rip his arm out of his grip, but the comforting touch makes the wolf break apart.

"Laura always made me watch that movie ever since we were little kids." Derek confesses and lets Stiles turn him around. "I guess watching it finally made me realize she's gone."

Stiles knows what it feels like, West Side Story used to be his mom's favorite movie. Every time he hears about it he'll have to stop himself from crying. Stiles pulls Derek in a hug, not caring about the 'no touching' rule Derek had.

"Crying is good, you can't just always ignore your feelings, Derek. It isn't healthy." Stiles says softly and moves them back to the couch. His heart breaks when Derek lets out a sob, hiding his face in his shoulder. Stiles can feel the hot tears fall on his neck. Derek's breath is uneven and Stiles wonders how long it's been since Derek really cried. Maybe since the fire, or just since Laura's death.

He hadn't seen Derek cry before. Yeah, Derek was upset when Boyd died, but he didn't cry. At least not in front of the pack. And Scott told him that Derek looked like he was about to cry when he found Erica.

He runs his fingers through Derek's dark hair, hoping it would calm him down a little.

"The last time I watched it was on the night of the fire." Derek tells him when he calmed down. He slowly pushes Stiles down on the couch and rests his head on the human's chest, listening to his heartbeat. "It was my birthday, Laura worked at the cinema and her boss owed her a favor. We watched it there, and when we got back to the house, it was on fire."

Derek doesn't look at him, his eyes are closed but Stiles can still see tears roll on the older man's cheeks. "You could've told us you weren't comfortable with watching it. Even without the reason, we would've understood." Stiles whispers.

"I didn't think it would be a big deal." Derek says and moves, Stiles thinks he's about to get up, but he just turns both of them around so Derek;s facing the couch, his back pressed against Stiles' chest.

Stiles had to admit, he wasn't really a big spoon. He liked being held, but the feeling of holding the older werewolf made him happy. The former Alpha trusted him, the human. Derek grabbed Stiles hand before both of them fell asleep.

--

Derek changed after that, but only around Stiles. He still glared at everyone, even scared Liam away once, but when he was around Stiles, he showed his emotions. He laughed at his jokes, smiled when he understood a reference Stiles made. He cried when they watched the Titanic - It was on the TV and Stiles had never watched it. He told Stiles when he was scared when there was a new threat in Beacon Hills.

It made Derek look younger, Stiles realized. The werewolf was younger than he looked. And he looked beautiful, especially when he smiled. The softness in the wolf's eyes made his heart stutter, and he knew that Derek could hear it.

This time he wasn't surprised when Derek curled up next to him on the bed, resting his ear above Stiles' heart. Listening to younger male talk about his acceptance letter to colleges on the other side of America.

"I don't want you to go." Derek tells him, interrupting Stiles' ramble about New York. "W-what?"

"I- It's selfish, I know, but... I don't want you to leave." Stiles could still hear the unspoken 'me'. Derek didn't want him to leave him. He suddenly understood, after losing his family, Derek had never been close to anyone. Until Stiles, and Stiles was going to college in a few months.

"It's not selfish, Der." Stiles tells the wolf, "I don't want to leave you either."

Derek looks up, his eyes no longer hiding his emotions. Stiles didn't need werewolf senses to know that Derek was scared, but also happy. He even thought he saw love in the other man's eyes before he felt lips on his. The kiss started slow and sweet, but soon Derek deepened it, their tongues met and Stiles pulled Derek's hair.

The wolf moaned and pulled away, his eyes wide. "I love you." He blurted out, surprising Stiles once again. He didn't even know that Derek had feelings - romantic feelings - for him.

"I love you too." Stiles answers him. Derek smiles at him, an honest smile and kisses him again. Their hips moving in sync and hand pulling and touching everywhere. Derek rolled them around, making Stiles hover above Derek.

"I want you to..." Derek is cut off my a moan, he closes his eyes and Stiles thought he looked beautiful. His hair flat against his forehead, his dark whimpers resting on his cheek bones.

"Are you sure? I mean, I thought..." Stiles trails off, surprised and nervous. Derek opens his eyes and smiles. "I trust you, Stiles."

"I know, it's just... I never expected you to be a..." He was too awkward for this, and he winced when he trailed off again.

"A bottom? Yeah, I've heard that before." Derek tells him, his face serious and worried again. "I'm sorry-"

"Don't! You don't have to apologize for anything, I'm just surprised. That's all." Stiles tells him before he kisses him again.

--

"Stiles? Are you a- Derek!?"

Both Stiles and Derek jump awake, looking up to see the Sheriff in Stiles' room. "What the hell is this?"

"Oh, dad..." Stiles looks at Derek, who's too tired to hide his emotions from the Sheriff. Derek looks frightened, and Stiles isn't sure if it is because he was caught in Stiles bed - naked - or if it was because he was caught being a little spoon.

Before the Sheriff had woken them up, Stiles had been pressed against his back, protecting the wolf from his nightmares.

"Both of you, get dressed and meet me downstairs in 5 minutes. One second longer and I'll grab my gun and wolfsbane bullets." The sheriff tells them before giving them some privacy. Derek rushes out of the bed, his feet still tangled in the sheets and falls on the ground. If it was a different situation Stiles would've laughed, but now he can't stop worrying.

Wait, he was 18 years old. it wasn't illegal. Sure, his dad has the right to be worried, but he couldn't bring the law into this. That calmed Stiles down and he immediately changed into random pieces of clothes he found on the ground.

Both men stumble down the stairs, nervous and slightly scared what's going to happen. Derek was the one who was mostly scared, he knew the sheriff didn't like him. The sheriff was sitting at the kitchen table, looking slightly amused at the nervous expressions.

"So, Derek, what are you doing here. Last time I checked you finally bought a normal place to live in." He took a sip from his coffee and stared at the wolf, he didn't sound angry though. At least, not as angry as Stiles thought he would be.

"I-" Derek starts to stutter and his face heats up.

The sheriff laughs, "I'm kidding, boys. I mean, if you break his heart, I will hunt you down. But I trust Stiles to make good decisions, and if he decides he wants to.. whatever your relationship is, I can only support him."

Stiles grins, or beams at his father and grabs two mugs of coffee. Derek lets out a relieved sigh and smiles when Stiles gives him one of the mugs. The sheriff chuckles again and gets up, "I have a shift at the station." He pats Stiles' back before leaving the house.

"That was..."

"Surprising." Derek finishes Stiles' sentence and grins at him. "Yeah."