I'm A Flame, You're A Fire

Start from the beginning

"If you need any support, I will go with you. If you want." She says to him and he nods, "Thanks."

He walks back to the doorway, "Goodnight."

"Goodnight!" Kira grins before letting out a loud yawn. Derek chuckles again and closes it. He walks towards the door in front of it but stops in front of the door. The walls are built soundproof because... Well... It was a house full of teenagers and werewolves with superhearing. He didn't want to hear Scott and Isaac at night. He really didn't want to.

And he didn't want anyone hearing him and Stiles on Stiles' eighteenth birthday.

But, to avoid awkward moments like walking in on others, Isaac still had nightmares about seeing Liam and Theo like that, they had made a rule about putting a sticker on the door. And right now, Theo's room had a big, green smiley on it.

He wasn't surprised though. Liam and Theo were... Well, they were Liam and Theo.

He quickly walks away, passing Mason's room. He knows Mason was out with Corey tonight so he doesn't knock on the door. Realizing he checked up on everyone, he walks towards his own room, ready to hold Stiles in his arms.

Suddenly there's a weird noise outside. He frowns and walks down the stairs, passing a half asleep Scott and Stiles in the living room, and opens the front door. There's no one. He closes the door behind him and steps out in the cold air.

There's a scent... Wolfsbane. He follows it, but he only has to take a few steps when it's gone.

What the hell?

There's a loud banshee scream.

The scent changes and Derek turns around in panic.

Fire.

There's fire.

His whole house is on fire.

He hurries back to his house, how did he come so far away when he just took a few steps? He hurries up the porch and tries to open the door, but it's locked.

And he thought he was being smart and protecting his pack by making the door so strong, even the mightiest Alpha couldn't break it with werewolf strength. He knows it's useless, but he keeps trying. He can feel sweat everywhere as he pants, kicking and slamming against the door. Tears are rolling down his eyes in rivers as he screams at his pack to get safe.

Two strong hands grab his shoulder and pulls him back. "Sir, you need to calm down." A man, slightly older than Peter, tells him.

But Derek is not able to calm down. Not when the screaming starts. He can hear Isaac yelling Scott's name, and Stiles screaming Derek's. And soon, everyone is screaming his name.

"Derek!"

"Derek, help!"

"Derek, where are you?!"

"Derek!"

Derek starts shaking and tries to move forward, but his body is in shock and he's not able to move. He watches the firefighters try to calm the fire as he hears the screams of his pack. His family.

And he's not able to do anything.

Just like when he was a teenager.

"Derek!"

"Hey, Derek!"

"Derek, wake up!"

"This is just a dream. It's just a nightmare. Wake up!"

He gasps for air when he opens his eyes. And there's no fire.

Stiles' honey colored eyes stare at him when he sits up in his- their bed. The pack is gathered in the room and look at him as he tries to breath. Isaac reaches out and grabs Derek's arm, taking away the pain. It's not physical pain, but somehow the beta is able to take away his mental pain too.

"You're okay, Der." Stiles says and lets out a relieved sigh, "It was just a dream."

Derek looks around the room. Kira is sitting on the end of the bed, looking at him with worried but relieved eyes. Scott is sitting on a chair next to the bed, his hair messy and flat against his forehead, he must've just woken up.

Liam and Theo are in the doorway, not knowing what to do. Lydia is next to them, her arms crossed and, just like everyone else, worried eyes. Cora and Malia are sitting on the other side of the bed, letting out relieved sighs in sync.

Stiles wipes away the sweat of Derek's forehead with the sleeve of his hoodie and turns to the others. He doesn't have to talk for the others to understand and they leave to give them some space.

"Do you want to talk about it?" Stiles asks Derek, carefully grabbing his boyfriend's hand. Derek lets out another shaky breathe as he tries to proces that it was just a dream. His pack, his family is safe.

"There was a fire." Derek tells him. "And you were all in it."

Stiles bites his lip and places Derek's hand on his chest, just above his heart. "We're safe."

Derek nods and Stiles opens his arms. Derek doesn't hesitate and wraps his arms around Stiles' waist, hiding his face in his neck. He inhales his calming scent and can feel himself calming down as Stiles tuns his fingers through Derek's hair.

He's safe.