This time, her mother had a stillborn. She fell into a deep sadness and sickness, and passed away four days later with her last wish that her husband would find a new wife and produce an heir.

Thus, the Lords of the Blossom Isles offer Alaster their daughters' hands in marriage. Her father chose only one; Serynna Ives, the daughter of Lord Ives, a small nobleman who was too weak in power to become recognizable in the council.

The maids carried back boxes of wood and silver, both big and small. They laid them softly on the floor and open them.

"M'lady, let's dress you up." The head of the maid smiled and take her to the chair and start massaging her skin with the aroma oil.

Lylian look at her reflection in the bronze mirror. She ordered the young maid nearby to give her a book that she didn't finished reading yet and continued opening the pages.

The wedding starts when the sun sank down into the sea.

There's plenty of time to waste.

The young lady checked herself again at the mirror. The maids carefully put the silver circlet that matches her gown on her forehead, two of them are putting the small flowers into her braids that went from her temples to the back of her head and ends with the small tie made of hair.

Her wedding gown is pale blue, made from the finest silk. The cloth is light and smooth to the touch, she guessed it was made in Oaken Hills, a town which is well-known for it's uniquely soft, silky and delicate fabric.

"M'lady," One of the maids walked in and bowed.
"Your Lord Father and Tristan Greengrass is here."

She turned her head and nodded.
"I'll be there in a minute."

She stood up and tidied her gown. Her blue eyes gaze upon her own reflection in the mirror for the last time.

Then, the bride of the day walked out of her room.

Lord Alaster and her friend are standing in the garden, talking to each other. They turned their heads and look at her in unison when she enters the place.

"You look gorgeus." The young man said, smiling.

"Why thank you, my lord." Giving him a small courtesy, Lylian let out a laugh.

"My daughter." Her father called, causing her eyes to turn to him.

"You have growned up a lot." He walked in and stroke her dark hair. A faint smile displaying on his lips as he did so.

"Father..." She hugged him. He chuckles and hugged her back.

"I'm scared."

"Do what you think is right, my dear child." Alaster encouraged and took her hand into his.

"Come, the sun is down and the ceremony is ready." Her father walked her to the courtyard in front of Oceanbreaks.

"Let's take you to your groom."

In the ancient traditions, the wedding will be after dark. The bride must bring her dowry to her groom's house and ride on a chariot.

Tristan climbs up the chariot in front of her and grab the leather leashes.

The Lord of the Blossom Isles took something out of his inner part of the cloak.

"Lylian."

"Yes, father?" She turned.

It was a small box.

He opened it and take the silver necklace on the velvet texture inside out.

"This was your mother's. She wore it in the day she married me. And now, you will wore it in your wedding too."

Her hand fly over to her mouth as she gasped in surprise.

The chains of the necklace were small and delicate. The pendant was made into the shape of a medium-sized ring, inside it was the apple tree, stretching it's branch all over the ring.

She bowed her head down a little bit as he put the accessory around her neck. When she stood up straight again, her blue eyes were filled with tears.

"Don't cry, child." The dark-haired lord cupped her face. She saw his eyes were red and his voice became muffled.

Lylian hold back her tears as she tried to laugh.

"Go, I'll be right behind." He stroke her hair again and walked away to his chariot. A parade of men and women with gold boxes, fruits, cattles, and many more in their hands are behind them.

"Are you ready, beautiful bride?" Her friend turned his head and gave her a playful smile, a unique smile of him.

She made a tsk sound.

"As ready as you are, my friend."

Tristan winked and flicked the leather rein, making a hee-yah sound as the white horses in the front stomped their hooves and starts trotting on the sandstone ways.

They're heading to the Temples of Crausius, a place where the people of the Isles performs their sacred rituals, including a royal wedding.

Lylian silently let out a sigh as she looked at the sky which are getting dark.

She really hoped this marriage works.