Chapter 25

Chapter 25: Jump Then Fall

I yawned as I heard what sounded like seagulls and other beach birds. It was funny because I hadn’t heard them at all this week. Harry must’ve opened the window or something.

I yawned again and snuggled into what I assumed was Harry. He smelt like a mixture of his cologne and the beach.

Wait… The beach?

Oh, right. We went to the beach last night. We went in the water and a shark almost ate my leg off. After my traumatizing experience and Harry stopped laughing at me, Harry and I talked.

We talked about pretty much everything except dating (other than when he asked me what I liked in a guy). It wasn't awkward or anything like that. However, he didn't tell me whom his lust relationship was with and he didn't talk about Kayla either. On the other hand, he asked me about Zayn. I think he still blames himself for us breaking up.

I told him Zayn and I were still friends and everything was fine. I don't think he believed me, though. I really don't understand why.

A gust of wind pulled me out of my thoughts and I suddenly felt cold. It was probably the air conditioning kicking in. I felt around for the blankets, but there weren't any. I frowned and hit Harry's chest.

He didn't make any movement, except for the loud, exhausted groan that came out of his mouth.

I slowly opened my eyes. I stared up at blue. Confused with my sudden change in scenery, I blinked several times. Still I was looking up at a blue ceiling.

No, wait. It wasn't a ceiling.

I was staring at a blue sky.

My eyes went wide and I sat up frantically.

A pelican was standing at my feet, making its obnoxious calls.

What the hell? Where am I?

I looked passed the bird and saw water.

Oh my God. We fell asleep on the beach.

Jesus Christ. I'm going to die.

I searched the sand for my phone but soon realized that I didn't bring it.

I turned back to Harry's sleeping figure. I started to shake him.

"Harry, it's time to get up!" I said.

He yawned and snuggled into his shirt that he was using as a pillow. "Five mintues," he mumbled.

"Harry, get up. We have a visitor," I told him. I was referring to the pelican that was still at my feet.

"Who is it?" he asked in his morning voice.

I smiled to myself. I love the way he sounded in the morning. His voice was deeper than normal and it had a hoarse sound to it. Husky and sexy. Everything about him was better in the morning. He looked so innocent before he washed his face of his deep sleep. His curls went in many directions, making them look childlike. His eyes were even a darker shade of green in the morning.

"Umm," I mumbled, staring at the pelican. "Uhh, Nigel..." I answered.

The pelican made a noise and Harry sat up slowly, rubbing his eyes with the back of his hand.

"Why is it so bright in here? And why that guy so loud? Who is-" Harry stopped rubbing his eyes. He froze, staring at the pelican.

"What the hell?" he ask, eyeing the bird.

"We fell asleep at the beach, Harry," I told him as I stood, gathering our things.

"What? What time is it?" he asked, still looking at the seagull.