Chapter 15

Chapter 15: Love You Better

"Elisa! Get the door please!" Harry yelled from wherever he was.

I groaned and stood up from my bed, closing my laptop. I don't understand why he couldn't get the door. I mean, it is his house, not mine.

I made my way to the front door and looked out the peephole, to make sure it wasn't a crazed fan. To my surprise, it was a fan, a Harry Styles fan to be exact.

I sighed and then opened the door to the girl I've officially declared as my frienemy. Not a friend, but a threat, so I kept her around. They do say to keep your friends close and your enemies closer, don't they?

"Hi!" I said, faking my happiness. "I love your outfit!" I compliment. So maybe that wasn't a lie but I did love her floral printed summer dress and white flats.

“Thanks! I just bought it!” She said happily referring to her dress. “You’re hair looks really cute braids!”

I smiled a real smile not a fake smile. “Thanks!” I let her in and she sat on the couch when I went to get Harry.

I walked down the hall to Harry’s room. The last time I walked to his room when she was here, they were getting… acquainted. I cringed at the memory and my stomach turned. I felt my heart shatter to pieces for the first time a week ago.

"Haz, your friend is here," I told him as I stood in the doorway of his room. He was looking at himself in the mirror and Louis was stretched out on his back, holding his phone up, playing around on it.

Harry grinned at me. "You never call me anything buy Harry," he pointed out.

I shrugged. "I guess I decided to mix it up a little."

His grin turned into a smirk and he fixed the collar on his dark blue polo shirt. “And she’s not just a friend, El,” he said as he walked passed me.

I swear he was trying to make me even more jealous, than I already am, on purpose. I rolled my eyes and went back to my room. I closed the door so I wouldn’t have to hear their happiness.

I went back on my laptop and clicked around as I waited for Zayn. He had to go do something in the studio, so he was coming later. But still while Kayla was going to be here. Therefore, as I waited, I went on Twitter, Tumblr, and all other social networking sites teenagers like. Pictures of Harry and I kept appearing on my timeline and dashboard. They were taunting me.

After I got angry enough, I opened up my notepad on my computer. I started typing away like a maniac. I titled the page Reasons Why I Can Love Him Better.

I tapped on the keys, writing out reasons why I was better. I mean, it’s obvious. For starters, I’ve known him longer. That’s important, right? That means I know more about him personally than she does. However, she may know just as much, if she’s a crazed obsessive fan. But since I know him personally, I’ve seen almost every side of him. I’ve seen his sensitive side, I’ve seen him when his pissed, when he’s happy, when he’s drunk (although he doesn’t really get wasted, wasted a lot), I’ve seen the way he acts with his family, the way he treats his mother, the way he acts around little kids, and the way he and Louis really are together.

I continued writing out the second reason. I don’t just love him because he’s in One Direction. I don’t think of him as “One Direction’s Harry Styles.” I think of him as my idiot brother's best friend. That’s better than what she must think of him. She probably thought of him as the huge pop star that he is. I mean, it makes sense. If I dated a huge celebrity, I wouldn’t just think of him as my boyfriend. I would also think of him as the massive thing that he is. But with Harry, it’s different.