Ch. 9 The River in Reverse

Start from the beginning

I put Lilly in her stroller and started grabbing a few things. It was sad how much you needed to just get out of the house with a two year old. Klaus walked into the room. "Where do you think you two are going?" he asked.

"I need out, Klaus. Marcel already knows I'm still in town and he still has no clue how the two of us are connected," I told him.

"No, it's not safe," he told me.

I opened my mouth to argue, but heard a knock at the front door. I looked at the hybrid, who clearly didn't like that there was someone here anymore than I did.

He walked to the front door cautiously and I followed behind. He opened it and I relaxed as soon as I saw who it was.

"What are you doing here?" I asked.

She smiled. "I wanted to see my daughter," my mom told me. I glanced at Klaus who pulled the door the rest of the way open. I walked over to my mom and hugged her.

|

Klaus stopped arguing about my safety after I reminded him that my vampire sister and witch best friend wouldn't let anything happen to me. Caroline and the recently resurrected Bonnie had also came. I didn't bother informing Klaus that Bonnie didn't have any magic. She had given her magic up to come back to life.

I took them to Rousseau's, where I was immediately attacked by Sophie Deveraux. "What are you doing here?" she asked.

"I'm having a mother-daughter day. You are serving three generations of Forbes girls," I said.

"Look, Klaus already wants me dead because of what happened with Agnes. I don't wanna give him another reason," Sophie said.

"Stop worrying so much. Klaus is in a good mood today, I made sure of that," I said, smirking.

"How did you..."

She trailed off as she caught what I meant. "Ew. Whatever," she said.

I walked back over to my mom and friends. "Tell me I didn't just hear what I thought I heard," Caroline said.

"What did you hear?" I wondered, smiling.

"Oh, my God! Again?" she asked. I nodded, biting my bottom lip.

"What?" Bonnie asked as we all took our seats.

"I may have slept with Klaus last night... and this morning," I said. The Bennett witch's eyes widened.

"Ok, mom and baby ears," my mother said, sitting Lilly in the high chair she had just got.

"Sorry," I muttered.

"So are you two like friends with benefits now?" Caroline asked.

"Again, mom ears," our mom said, making us laugh.

"Umm, not exactly," I mumbled.

"Are you two a couple? I mean, I know you've slept with him twice now, but this is Klaus we're talking about," Bonnie said.

"I'm getting a drink. I need one if I am going to be forced to listen to this," my mom said, standing.

"I know all the bad things he's done. And I know that he has plenty of things that will come back to bite him eventually, but he cares about his daughter and I think he cares about me," I said.

"Klaus?" Caroline asked, skeptically.

I shrugged. "A lot has changed since you left," Bonnie realized.