⁂Chapter 8: Y/n or Astrid⁂

(A/n: ***= time skip in case you got confused! Love you guys so much!! xx

-Hiccups pov-

I limp away from the cabin, sadness fills the pit of my stomach.

"Sisters?" Astrid says, but it sounds distant, like from the opposite end of a really long tunnel. Sister? Sisters? Sisters? The words echo round my brain, pressing it down, pulling my brain, stretching it, like an elastic band. And soon it'll all become too much, I'll have to lie down, lie down till the darkness engulfs me, and swallows up all my problems. It'll feel like bliss, yes. That's what I'll do; I'll lie down. And I do so, and then it all become nothing.

-(y/n)'s pov-

"What was that?" Heather said, panic stricken. Then something fly's in, landing in my neck. I take it out and before darkness engulfs me, I see a tranquilliser dart, with a large container of green liquid, but too late. My limbs go limp, and Heather gets taken by the darkness.

***

I wake up, the board of a boat poking me hard in the back. My arms are tied to the wall, above my head. Hiccup is the same on the opposite cell, and Astrid is tied up next to me. I stare sadly at Hiccups tired and mangled body, hanging limply from the wall. A guard opens the green, creaking cell door, and then steps back. A tall, black haired man comes in, two glittering needles held aloft. I look confusedly at the needles before he plunges then into me and Astrid, before turning, and walking over to Hiccup. I'm strangely still awake, even though Astrid's head lolls onto her chest, her eyelids drooping. I hear flames, a yell, and the clink of Chains. The tall man throws a little container in-between me and Astrid, and the deck of the ship bursts into green flames. My eyes widen and I see Hiccup, deciding which girl to go for. He slowly goes towards me, but I shake my head and lean It towards the still limp Astrid.

-Hiccups pov-

I look into y/n's dark eyes and realise that she isn't going to make it. I feel a tear, a wet, trickling tear fall down my cheek. But I wipe it away. I leap over the emerald flames and hack at Astrid's bindings. She's limp still and more vulnerable. More vulnerable to the flames, to attack, to death. It seems to stare her in the face, the looming prospect that she might die. Y/n has more of a chance of living, right? I grab Astrid, her head lolls onto my shoulder, I whisper to y/n

"Make it out alive, please!" And hand her something to unlock her chains with. Then I sprint from the room, and leap on Toothless. I notice d/n cooing sadly, noticing y/n hadn't come out with me,  then she lays her head on the deck of the ship, and lets out the most miserable moan. Toothless flies off, Astrid and me on his back, knowing that d/n will follow, eventually. The dark blue ocean streams along with us, as if it were another monstrous dragon, ready to pounce. My tears ricochet into the water, making my vision blurry and my skin sore. I couldn't help it. I couldn't help it. I can't. I couldn't. Not now. Not now. Not ever. Words jumble  in my brain, like an unfinished jigsaw. I blank her. I blank her. A small piece was missing. I hate her? I hate her for not letting me get both of them out. But if I'm crying, how do I hate her? It can't be I love her, because I have the most wonderful girlfriend on the world. And I love Astrid, very much. Then what is it?

                       ***
We land on the Edge, a little while later, and the gang hurry over to us. I just carry Astrid, through them, into my hut. I lay her on the bed, kiss her lightly on the cheek, and sit beside her. I feel her chest for her heart rate, and put my ear over her mouth, to check her breathing. Both very feeble. More tears. This was pain. This was agony.

This was torture.

———————————
This will be the last chapter for a while, as I just need time to chill and sort things out. I really do want to write more but I just need time!

Comment on what I should write next!

Ender xx