"Also!" I say a little louder to really accentuate what I'm about to say and get her attention on me. "Paul was discrediting Marcel to me earlier, because he wasn't there. He really bothered me so I told him the truth to spike him back. Marcel is with Kate this weekend. I don't know what for. We've fought over this. But somehow, Paul knowing that made him upset. I don't know if he had a crush on her, or something. I wasn't even sure he knew her at all, but he can't lie to me. I've seen his reaction. He was mad."

"He told me about it. I lied to you earlier. When you interrupted, he was telling me. He told me I was failing this company by letting my son be with this traitor, meaning Kate."

"He made you feel bad about that?"

"That's how I felt."

"It's no secret he's the one manipulating you." I let out not realising how offensive to her it might sound. But it makes me realise how deep this situation is. "Why is it wrong for Marcel to have success in the company?"

"Because-"

"Don't say it, just think about it. Do you truly feel that way, or was it something that was said to you? Because I think Paul might be manipulating you the way Kate is manipulating Mace. They have an agenda. Do they work together? Maybe."

"No, this can't be." Edith shakes her head and empties again her glass of wine.

"I'm speculating, but you can't say that I'm wrong. You and Mace have been manipulated. With my comment from earlier, I clearly do think Paul and Kate are involved in some way. I really do think they are up to no good. I don't ask you to believe me, just to keep it in mind every time you see him."

"Grace, you don't understand..."

"I know it doesn't make sense, but it isn't crazy either-"

"Grace?" She cuts me, so I look at her. Her face is blank, her eyes are wide open and her skin slowly becomes white. "I don't know how to say this... and Marcel mustn't know! But... Andrew has been gone for more than ten years, and he's been so charming and relentless... I had no choice but to say yes to a few dates."

"Are you telling me Paul and you are dating?"

"Actually... We're engaged."

-

I have been tossing and turning all night. At first, I thought a little bit of telly would be helpful, but the news were too stressful and I didn't find anything else interesting. I took my Womanizer and made me orgasm two times. I finally drifted to sleep, but it was very light. I have so many things in my head, thoughts that haunt me. I feel like I'm getting closer to solve the Kate problem, but I tried to reach out to Edith for help and she tells me that I am by myself. It weighs incredibly heavily on my shoulders. I'm exhausted just thinking about it, and yet my mind finds no sleep.

Somehow, when I hear a knock on my door, it seems like I had been sleeping. It makes me relieved that I indeed was asleep, but it didn't feel like it. I reach out of the bed to grab my phone on the nightstand.

It's fucking 23:06! Who could be knocking at my door!?

I turn on the lamp on my nightstand and look for a weapon. I take a hold of the telly remote to defend myself if need be. I slide my bare legs out of bed, being only dressed with one of Marcel's white tees.

I walk to the door slowly, not trying to make a sound until I hear the most unexpected voice.

"Grace? It's me." Marcel whispers softly.

I rush to the door and open it without even doubting. He stands beautifully tall in the black suit he wore the night we went to the dungeon. He is so fucking hot!