12.

111.

Sleep did not come to me easily that night in the cabin in the woods, for the portraits on the walls only portrayed the deformed, the decrepit, and the damned. Sleep has never come easily to me ever again, for when I woke up I found no portraits, only windows.

112.

There's nothing like the laughter of a baby. Unless it's 1am and you're home alone.

113.

The operation wasn't successful in the traditional sense since my sight didn't return, but it left me with the ability to distinguish heat signatures, at least. Three have past, and I'm still not sure how to politely ask my best friend why he's room temperature.

114.

Put back the mirrors. We miss watching you.

115.

They say practising smiling in front of a mirror makes you feel happier. I wish my reflection would join along.

116.

For years, we heard the little voices and footsteps of the ghost children in our old farmhouse, and we got used to them. Then one day they went quiet, which should have been our own cue to leave.

117.

Neatly laid across my dining room table, I found a dull kitchen knife, a torn, crusty rag and a flip video camera that seemed to be recording. I own none of these items.

118.

Every morning my husband tells me he loves me, I really wish he'd stop. I murdered him last year, but he still won't leave me alone.

119.

Outside my three year olds bedroom I hear her say, "But Mommy, I don't want to." My voice replies "All little girls stab their Daddies."

120.

The dog sits at my gate every morning and night when I leave and come home from work. Even after all this time she can still smell her owners blood on my hands.