CHAPTER TWO

GIRLS NIGHT OUT

[ CHAPTER TWO: SPONGEBOB ]

"THIS PARTY IS NO BOYS ALLOWED"

⟡⟡⟡⟡

"DO YOU WANT TO COME TO MY SLEEPOVER?" Julie asked Ramona with an excited smile. Ramona stared at Julie for a second before grinning.

"Yeah of course." Her smile was as wide as could be. As luck would have it, Ramona was being handed what she really needed on a plate. A colorful glitter wrapped plate that was just given to her by Julie Corky.

"Tonight. Seven-ish." Julie explained as she passed her a DIYed invitation with all the teenage girl fix ins.

"Cool."

The group of now five made their way down the crowded staircase talking about what they were going to do tonight. Ramona had never had close friends like this, talking about boys and what hairstyles they were going to try. It was weird, but strangely therapeutic. Arms interlocked with Yancy and walking towards the school's exit, Ramona finally felt like she belonged.

"Ramona!"

The group of girls jumped as Russell Hayes skated into one of the poles holding up the second floor, his two skater friends right behind him. Ramona grimaced as his head (thankfully protected by a helmet) slammed into the concrete.

"Last chance to see me in a coma, I have tubes in nasty places." He sent her his signature goofy grin, which caused the girl to raise her brow. He had already tried to get her to see the picture he kept in his wallet about eight times and every time Ramona refused. She felt queasy thinking about those tubes and didn't want to barf all over his dirty vans because of it.

"Maybe next time sweetheart." Ramona quipped back with a smirk. Russell swallowed roughly but smiled back at the pretty brunette with a hopeful look in his eyes.

"You were barely in a coma." Julie called him out with an annoyed frown.

"Three hours!" Russell looked extremely proud of that fact, which made Ramona laugh. She spent the better part of this semester listening to him talk about his comatose state whenever he could. He was just so overjoyed by the incident which never failed to amuse Ramona.

"What's this?" He called out snatching the invitation out of her hand. Ramona pursed her lips as him and his friends whooped and hollered about their sleepover.

"Keep it up, Spongebob. You'll have two pictures of yourself in a coma." Julie called out as she grabbed the invitation back. Giving it back to Ramona, the Asian girl held the paper between two fingers near her head.

"Nice try Russell, but this party is no boys allowed." She said with a shake of her head. The girls all smirked and tilted their heads sassily as they walked away from the group of boys.

Ramona looked over her shoulder at the main boy in the group and looked him up and down with a smug smirk. She winked at him and laughed as he fell backwards into one of his friends clutching his heart. That boy really was something else.

AUTHORS NOTE

I love russell and I love ramona. short chapter but it's just to separate the story lol.  thank you guys for the reads I'm in love with this story and I hope you all are too!!!