As I walk it to the building and step onto the elevator I remember the last time Kat and I talked.

°°°°°°

"Were never going to work Santi. You just won't let anyone help you carry the weight on your shoulders." She says letting go of my hand.

"I know and I can work on it, I just didn't want to--"

"Hurt me?" She interrupts.

"No--make you cry mami, because your tears, they break something in me. I hate seeing them." I tell her pulling her into my arms once more.

°°°°°°°

I always kept tabs on her thru Steph, thank God for little sisters, though she didn't know I still wanted to protect her.

I promised her I'd always watch out for her, but I knew that it was mostly for my sanity.

*****

"I'm home!" I yell as I enter the suspiciously quiet apartment.

"Julie? Cece?"

I hear scrambling and then Julie respond, "One second!"

I take off shoes and slip on my slippers before I put my stuff down on the couch.

"Hey,"A disheveled Julie greets walking into the kitchen/living room and Alex follows close behind.

"Hi," I reply smiling because I clearly interrupted something.

"We keep meeting like this." I tell Alex teasingly.

"Stop it." Julie says hitting my arm.

"Ouch! Does she abuse you too?" I ask him.

"No but when she tries I give her a good spanking." Alex smiles and winks, pulling Julie to his side.

"Eww, eww, eww! Stop my ears." I exclaim covering my ears.

"Alex!" Julie scolds him turning red, "Time for you to go." She nudges him towards the door.

"Okay, bye Kat." He nods.

"Bye bye." I reply heading to my room with my stuff.

"You know we'd never get interrupted if you moved in with me..." I hear Alex whisper to Julie.

"Not yet..." She replies softly.

I put my stuff down on my bed and change in sweatpants and a t-shirt before going back to find food to eat.

I pause seeing two people making out and humping like bunnies with clothes on in the doorway.

I clear my throat, "I feel like this should fall into public indecency."

They break apart and Julie closes the door.

"Is he coming back?" I ask knowing the answer.