Chapter 3 - 2019

Dad was gone now too. The house was so quiet without him. The final human in the damned house had taken his final breath and left me surrounded by dust and silence. Pogo was rarely around anymore. Off taking care of Dad's holdings I suppose. And Mum. Mum was, well, she wasn't quite herself. She wasn't with us anymore, even as she wandered through the house as she always did. I could barely look at her anymore. I hated how she'd faded, and Dad wasn't around anymore to fix her.

It was so loud. I could hear everything. They were so loud. They wouldn't stop arguing. So damn loud. I couldn't take it anymore. I burst out of my room and flew as fast as I could into the hallway.
"SHUT UP." The silence flooded back as I hit the ground, my wings crashing against the hard flooring, cutting off their voices. I could hear each of them muttering my name in shock. I suppose anyone would be a little shocked after seeing their 13 years old sister after 10 or so years.
"Get out." I couldn't bare to look at them, any of them. I wasn't even sure who I was shouting at. I heard someone step forward, my name filled the silence.
"GET OUT. LEAVE ME ALONE AGAIN. GO AWAY." I stepped forward to meet the gaze of Allison, fisted clenched and tears starting cloud my vision.
"We're not going anywhere." My gaze hit the floor again, trying to hide my tears.
"12 years." I could hear Allison take a step back.
"12 years, and not a single visit. No letters. No phone calls. No contact. And you walk back here like it's nothing? No. You're not allowed to get everything you want." I looked back up, my gaze clear and as piercing as I could make it. My eyes shifted slightly to the side.
"You." I could even think before I launched myself at Vanya. My hands went for her neck, using her collar as a brace as I took her with to the floor, pinning her down, my appendages flaring out behind me as I stopped thinking rationally.
"WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?! YOU GOT ME TRAPPED IN THIS GOD FORSAKEN HOUSE FOR YEARS! THAT STUPID FUCKING BOOK YOU WROTE RUINED MY LIFE! YOU RUINED MY LIFE! You ruined it. It's all, all, it's all your fault." I could hardly get my words out. I was sobbing, my hands clenched around Vanya's collar. I pulled myself off her, sinking to the floor.
"Why'd everyone leave me? Why'd you all leave me alone here?" All I could do was sob and mutter. They were closing in, their footsteps echoing as they stepped towards me. I couldn't face them. I shouldn't have left my room. I unfurled my body and took of. I reached my room at such a speed I smacked into the wall and crashed into my bed. I flicked a wing swiftly to shut the door and let myself curl into a ball to try and stop the emotions flooding through into the world.

It took me a while to gather myself, but I had to face them eventually. I drenched my face in freezing water to try to tidy up my face, before wandering downstairs. I could hear them, in the living room, arguing once again. I placed my palm against the grain of the door, pushing it slowly as to be a quiet as possible, but even this old house is against me, and the slow movement only exaggerated the creak of the rusted hinges. Everyone stopped 'discussing' and turned towards me. It remained silent for much longer than I could have hoped.
"Long time no see, little angel." Klaus broke the silence with his usual cheek. At least something's don't change. I stepped into the room, letting my wings lift from the floor and over the back of a stool as I perched myself in the small circle that was formed by my siblings.
"Sooo... What's up with you guys?" I broke the silence, careful not to let my decade long resentment ruin anymore of the day.
"Luther think someone murdered dear old Daddy." I've always liked how unfiltered Klaus was. I must have pulled some kind of questioning face, as Diego looked at me and gave a faint chuckle.
"I know, crazy right?" I could only nod. Luther caught my attention with my name, sounding more than a little desperate to get his point across.
"Dad does nothing without his monocle and suddenly it's gone when he died. That's not coincidence." It was such a weak argument, but the guy who could crush me in one hand was hardly someone to argue with when I'm the size of a 13 year old.
"You were here when it happened! You must have seen or heard something suspicious." I sighed. He wasn't going to change his mind no matter what I say, is he?
"He died of a heart attack. This house is so quiet, if anything else had happened, I'd have heard it." Luther took a step towards me.
"Dad wouldn't just die of a heart attack." Diego put his arm in front of me as Luther moved towards me once again.
"She said nothing happened. Everything says it was natural so just let it go." Diego's hand was on Luther's chest by now, pushing him further back.
"That monocle was with Dad everyday. It was important to him, but cost nothing! Why would it just disappear!"
"An old man dies surrounded by priceless items. Someone probably just stole it." The tension in the room was rising, but no one dared step in between the two brothers.
"No one broke in! This had to be someone close to him, someone who would take it for sentimental reasons!" He though it was us.
"You think it was one of us?!" Allison broke the tension with scissors and brought Luther's attention from Diego.
"I'm not saying that." No, not that.
"You think it was me." I stepped to the floor, wings batting down the stool I was sat on. It fell with a crash and silence flooded the room again.
"I'd have heard any of you if you came here, right? But all I've got is my own word, right? That's what you're thinking." Luther didn't reply. Right on the money. I let out a quiet hum and decided it was best I leave. Best not challenge the big guy right now. I made my scape to the kitchen, where Mum was washing up something from who knows where, but i just sat myself on the counter beside her and watched. Even though Mum didn't even notice my presence, it still felt less lonely to be in the room with her, so sometimes I would just sit with her, and let her do her daily routine. A record started playing in the room above us, one of Luther's favourites, even if he wouldn't admit it. I couldn't help but bob along, moving my hips on the counter as my hands tapped out the song into the air. Then the lights went out and the song stopped. Thunder shook through the house loudly, making the lights flash, leaving the house in darkness, the only source of light a strange blue glow in the window that drew the metal in the kitchen towards it, making the cupboards creak and knives burst from drawers. I jumped off the counter and towards the source of the chaos, seeing the rest of my family also reacting to the disruption. We all headed outside, and Luther through his arm out to stop anyone running into the light source. Then I saw it. The damn blue light that plagued my sleep and had threaded my fingers into this damn blanket form of a 13 years old.
"What the hell is that?!"

"Don't get too close!"

"Must be some kind of temporal anomaly! That or a miniature black hole!" 

"Pretty big difference, Paul Bunyan!" I'd have thought they'd have remembered what it looked like, but I guess they all really had left the past behind. I stepped forward, the wind whipping my hair in my face as Diego tried to stop me. A face emerged in the sea of light, wailing into the void as they moved forward, features contorted with each new step. And then they were falling. The light was gone and a body hit the floor. I knew it. They sat up and my wait was over.

Number Five.

"Shit."