Chapter 7

"Those jeans make your arse look good."

Louis snorted, turning around in front of a mirror and nodded in satisfaction. Zayn was right, they make his arse look great, like usual. Liam chuckled at the two, shaking his head in amusement when Zayn motioned Louis to turn around again, acting as though he's double checking.

The three friends were at the shopping center just browsing and hanging out. During the couple weeks Louis' been in Cheshire, he has gotten close with the boys along with Cassidy, but mainly Zayn and Liam. He was glad he met them, even if they're judgmental sometimes.

Deciding he loved them, Louis bought the skinny jeans and even though they look exactly the same as the ones he already had, he insisted they were different. Liam didn't understand, but just nodded and followed the two friends out to the food court.

While waiting in line, Louis saw Zayn texting as he told Liam he order and suddenly the raven-haired boy said,"So, Harry Styles got detention for storming out of some class."

"How did you know?" Louis questioned curiously. Zayn wasn't in his class and he's not friends with Harry, so it's not like he'd know. The two walked to find a table while Liam ordered their food, taking a seat at one in the corner away from everyone else.

Zayn told him casually,"Niall just texted me."

"I didn't know you guys were friends," Louis said in confusion. 

He's know Zayn for a couple weeks now and felt like they were close, he's never seen Zayn interact with the Irish bloke. Surely he would know if they were friends by now.

A small blushed formed on his cheeks, surprising Louis since Zayn wasn't one to blush, and he chuckled,"Yeah, we're friends in a way." 

Before Louis could question him, Zayn exclaimed,"Oh, food!"Glancing up, Louis saw Liam carrying over their lunch from McDonald's and he took a seat next to Louis, setting the food down and handed them to each boy. 

While eating, Louis examined Zayn, seeing the way his eyes constantly flickered to his phone, as if waiting for a text to appear.And when one did, his light, brown eyes lit up and he quickly checked it. He saw the way Zayn bit his lip, holding back a smile and yeah, there was some excitement in his eyes that even made Louis get a little giddy. That's how happy he looked just from one simple text.

It's official, Zayn's crushing on someone.

Sometimes Louis wished he could have that feeling. Where you get butterflies in your stomach and happy over a simple text. But, he's never had a crush before. At least, not a strong one. He's had a girlfriend, they've had sex, but the feelings weren't strong and he basically forced himself to like her, cause he felt lonely with everyone dating.

He wanted real love, however he can handle being alone for a while. Louis wasn't going to mope about being lonely and jealous of other people's affections. He was going to be proud of being on the market, showing his independence.

"So, how's Sophia?" Zayn asked Liam, seeing a cute smile on the lad's face at the mention of her name, and Zayn filled Louis in,"Sophia is his girlfriend, I swear the two are sickeningly adorable together. He's always talking about her."

"I am not!" Liam scoffed, sheepishly eating and ignored the teasing look on his friend's face. He wasn't the type of person to be so open when talking about his love life. 

 Louis chuckled, eating his chicken nuggets and asked,"How long have you been dating?"

"3 and a half months," He answered, blushing slightly when Louis 'aw'ed at how he remembered. "Shut up. What about you? Are you dating anyone?"