⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren narrowed her eyes at the letter, burning it in her palm. Picking up the vial, she popped the top off of it and brought it to her nose. The metallic scent hit her, making her lips curl.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀She thought back to Visily, and how the girl had told her that Valentine was on her side. She would have to trust him, for now.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Quickly, Wren hurried back to Tim and pressed the vial into his lips. "Drink this," she whispered. He didn't respond, only looked at her in confusion and panic. Widening her eyes, Wren pulled his lips apart with her finger, feeling the familiar burn of magic humming through her veins.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The Compulsion.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Connecting her hand with his neck, she allowed her power to take over, sucking the magic from his body.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He gasped, his body moving for the first time in five minutes.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren covered his mouth. "Drink this," she snapped at him lowly. "If you don't - you'll die." Pushing the vial to his mouth again, she tilted the liquid against his lips until he obeyed and drank the blood.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀He gasped again, desperate for air. His eyes searched hers in confusion. "Why are you helping me?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Listen to me carefully. You can't move or speak. Trust me." Wren backed away from him, turning the glass vial in her hand to sand. She hoped he would obey.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Slow footsteps echoed through the compound as Elijah came through the gate. "Wren." His surprised voice was punctuated by his eyes darting from her to Timothy. "Where is my brother?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Changing," she responded with a sigh. Brushing her hands down her jeans, she moved to sit on one of the chairs. "Any word of Davina?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Elijah watched her for a moment. "Nothing." He followed her, sitting next to her. "Do you have any idea what my brother's plan is?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren gestured to Timothy. "I assume he's using this one to draw Davina here to confront her."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You assume correctly," Klaus' booted footsteps hit the stairs behind them as he came down. "I do hope you brought your violin, Timothy, because you are about to make the performance of a lifetime."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren stood next to Klaus, listening to the somber tune coming from Timothy's violin. He was sitting up on top of a wooden beam, shakily playing his piece. It was beautiful, but devastating.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"How can you be so certain that Davina will come?" Elijah asked as he re-entered the room, having put on a white shirt and black jacket in place of his suit.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus smirked. "One might think you've forgotten what it's like to be in the grip of an all-consuming infatuation," he responded smugly, "she'll come."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Elijah looked up at Tim, grimacing lightly. "Are the maudlin theatrics necessary, Niklaus?" he asked in exasperation.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus chuckled lightly. "That's a good point," he murmured to himself before turning to look at the boy. "Timothy!" he called. "Play something a little more upbeat, would you?"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Timothy looked over at the trio, his hands shakily readjusting on his instrument before he began to play again, the somber tune being replaced by a happier one. A bead of sweat dripped down his brow, making his face crinkle in annoyance and stress.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren sighed. "You'd think she would've shown by now," she muttered, rubbing the tops of her arms. She felt like magic was crackling in the air, but couldn't find the source of it.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus took his jacket off, resting it around his mate's shoulders without a word.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The simple action made Wren's breath stutter, but she was intent on being stubborn and kept her face neutral.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Marcel walked through the gate, drawing the attention away from the Queen, making her release a small sigh of release as she tugged the jacket closer to her.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Took you long enough to spread the word," Klaus pointed out.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, have you met his nightwalkers?" Elijah smirked a bit. "Not the brightest bunch."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren raised an eyebrow, hiding a laugh behind a cough.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"All that matters is, I got it covered." Marcel wasn't amused at all. "When Davina gets here, you two need to let me do to the talking."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Klaus' eyes flickered past Marcel, toward the gate. "I'm sure you'll have your chance." He walked around his friend, standing a bit straighter as a small brunette walked toward him. "Hello, love. How kind of you to join us." He raised a hand toward Tim. "Silence is golden, Timothy. Thank you." A smirk flickered across his lips as he saw Davina's eyes go toward her love interest.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"You got me here, now let him down." Davina's voice was firm.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Well, first, we need to have a little chat about you returning to the fold."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Marcel moved to speak into the King's ear. "What did I say, Klaus? I got this." He walked around him, toward Davina. The girl didn't move. "D, what happened? Why'd you run? Talk to me - I can make it right."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"How, by threatening my friend?" Davina snapped, looking pointedly at Tim, who was sitting completely still on the beam.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"Actually," Klaus cut in, "that was my idea. Apologies - I've been known to go too far to make a point, but I do always get results." Klaus' voice had lowered to a growl as he smirked toward the teenager.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Davina laughed quietly, looking him dead in the eyes. "You pretend to be so confident," she mused, "but I know the truth. You're afraid everyone can see what you really are - an animal."

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Within seconds the powerful Hybrid was screaming on the ground, being forced to turn at an agonizingly slow pace. Marcel, Wren, and Elijah rushed forward to help, only to be thrown aside like children and forced to the ground.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀"A beast," Davina continued as she arched her hand up, watching his spin follow in a similar manner as it tried to morph into that of a wolf's. "Why don't you show us your real face?" She brought him up to her knees, clenching her fist. His fangs were forced out. Hair sprung up on his neck and cheeks, and his eyes turned a bright golden. "That's enough of you." She threw her hand to the side, snapping his neck with finality.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Wren gasped from where she was laying on the ground. Her wrists were pinned by an invisible field, immobilizing her. "Stop," she groaned out. "Davina, stop it!"

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀Davina rolled her eyes and flicked her wrist, slamming Wren's head against the ground.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀The white-haired witch's world went black with a sickening crack.