Nosebleed ~ soulmate AU

Soulmate AU ~ any injuries you get, your soulmate gets as well. They don't just get the pain.

-------------------------------

y/n - your name

y/f/n -your full name

y/s/n - your surname

y/e/c - your eye colour

y/h/l - your hair length

y/h/c - your hair colour

y/f/f - your favourite food

-------------------------------

"Damn it," I think as I feel a punch to the face. By someone quite buff may I add. Except there's no one here other than me. It must be my soulmate. I then get punched again. For crying out loud, why's my soulmate gotta be so damn reckless? Eventually the punching stops. "Oh, thank goodness," I sighed in relief to no one in particular. However, I do realise I have a nosebleed.

Suddenly, my ringtone goes off. "Shit," I say, quickly grabbing a tissue before pressing accept and putting it on speaker without even looking at the caller ID. "Hello, this is Subway, what can I help you with?" I say, trying to cover up my nosebleed.

"Ha ha, very funny y/n. Anyway, you know how you're medically trained in first aid?" my cousin, Rosa, says.

"Well hello to you too Rosa. I'm good thanks. How about you?"

"I need your advice so I can sort out my idiot of a co-worker."

"What happened?"

"Our sergeant got mad and punched him in the face a few times and he's got a few injuries."

"You could Skype me. I'll be much more use that way."

"You alright? You sound strange."

"My doofus of a soulmate went and got themselves beat up and I've got a nosebleed."

"Oh, ok. I'll Skype you in a minute then."

"Ok," I say and hang up, waiting for the Skype call. Not long after, she calls on Skype and I immediately answer. "Okay, what are we looking at?" I ask.

"A nosebleed and a cut lip by the looks of it. Here, I'll show you," Rosa says, reversing the camera.

"Oh. That's all? It's not very serious Rosa. You just need no apply pressure with like a tissue or something for the lip and to keep his head down and hold the bridge of his nose. Do not tip his head back or he could get a blood clot. But in all honesty Rosa, why did you call me? I'm not an idiot, I know that you know how to deal with this sort of injury."

Rosa flips the camera back onto herself and sighs. "Fine. I just wanted an excuse to talk to you. I mean, you're always so busy and we never talk anymore."

"Look, I'm sorry we don't get to speak as much, but I'm so close to solving this case and it's just... y'know. You're a detective too. But I do have some good news!"

"What?" Rosa asks, genuinely interested.

"I'm moving to Brooklyn!"

"That's amazing, y/n! Do you have anywhere to stay? Because I'd be fine with having you as a roommate."

"Not yet, no. I just wanted to tell you before I made any plans. My precinct is actually quite shit here and I requested to transfer somewhere else in America and they said I could either move to Brooklyn or LA. But I'd love to stay with you, if I won't be a bother. Also, who is the guy that got beaten up by your Sargeant?"