🍀🍀🍀

He breath in and out trying to calm himself, looking up at the blue sky.. The feeling that it was going to rain evaporated through his body. It had been extremely sunny and hot all day that he almost ran mad, but seeing as the weather was all cozy and the sky is now a shade of black, dark blue color, he prayed the rain will fall. Sometimes it will be as if it would rain, the wind will sway the tree so hard as if it would start carrying people and transferring them from one place to another but after a while it will all subside. He prayed it's not one of those days, he prayed it would rain today.

"Are you even listening to me Ahmadu?" she brought him out of his thoughts.

"Yes, Ummah. I am" he answered calmly

"Good, I hope you heard what I said?"

"Yes Ummah, I did"

"Alhamdulilah. I hope you will do as I say?"

This time he clench and unclench his fist before replying her, "InshaAllah yes"

"Allah barkidin boddo am (May God bless you my child)"

"Amiin, Amiin. Sai jango. (See you tomorrow) I'll be ending the call" he inform and without waiting for her reply he ended the call and pocketed his phone. He entered his car and drive home with Sheikh Kabiru Gombe's voice blaring in the car as he listened to one of his khuudubah about marriage.

He couldn't help but feel disheartened, marriage.. One of the things he failed to secure. He failed as a man, husband and father to kids. He failed them all by not keeping them together.

Honking, the gateman, Baaba walked out and opened the sliding gate. Ahmaad absentmindedly park the car and step out, he stopped by to exchange pleasantries with Baaba. He asked him about his health since he has been suffering from fever the past couple of days.

"Baaba you should take some leave.." He suggest feeling bad the man who is ought to give birth to him is working under him.

"InshaAllah I will, I am just awaiting the arrival of my son in two days. He will take over in the while been" he replied

"Okay, MashaAllaah! Allah ya kara lafia"

"Ameen, nagode (thank you)" he smiled genuinely. It still surprise him how people can be so nice and well mannered in this modern generation.

       He walked to the front door and unlocked the house, he stepped inside with a Salaam and then he oh-ed forgetting he was the only one living in the house.

"Wa'alaikum Salaam.." A voice replied as he sat on the couch exhausted. He was frightened at the figure of Haneesa as she enters the parlor holding a tray of chilled tiger nut drink.

"Welcome back"

He briefly closed his eyes, muttered a SubhanaAllah and opened them just to see Haneesa standing by the door were she stood earlier..

"I miss her so much that I'm hallucinating. Ya Allah.." He sighed closing his eyes and rubbing his forehead as a headache creep on it.

"If you keep being a weirdo, I will take my leave wallahi" he heard her voice again and this time he smiled broadly.

Shocked, he sat up, "Alhamdulilah! Allah has accepted my dua's. Thank you Ya Rabb" he stood up and moved closer to her. She ignored him and dropped the tray of the drink on the center table.

"Nabiila is inside, she will be staying over for a while to help me with the twins" she inform as she hand him the glass of drink.

He smiled, "thank you" and she yet again ignored him and left him in the living room.

He sat down and finished his cup of drink feeling the headache slip away slowly. It was going to be a tough ride, that he knows, especially with Ummah breathing down his neck but InshaAllah he will go through it. And make things to be just like old times.

🍀🍀🍀

She was dressed in a black straight skirt and blue off shoulder top, she just exited the bathroom after a long, refreshing shower. her hair is still wet so she decided to just tie it with a blue ruffle and making a mental note to take care of the hair later, right now she doesn't have time.

As she ran down the stairs and into the kitchen, she groaned and stomped her feet of the ground blaming herself for over sleeping and yet again having no idea what to cook.

Mubarak would be home soon and she knows how he loves coming home to meet food.

She sighed as she checking through her kitchen cabinets trying to get inspired. She blamed herself for staying up all night and day re watching the entire Quantico seasons but then again she loved another marathon of Priyanka Chopra. She was in the episode when Alex returned after three years just to find out her ex fiancé, Rayan was now married to her then best friend Shelby when she dozed off on the couch and only woke up to see it was past Asr prayers. She quickly sprang up, prayed, took and shower and then here she was.

Finally settling her eyes on couscous, she jumped happily. It is the easiest to cook right now and she knew Mubarak's love for couscous with kidney sauce. It was his all time favourite! When there is no rice.

She set to work quickly, making the food nice and appetizing, she decided to make some fruits kebabs. She was sprinkling some icing sugar on the fruits kebab when the door bell rang, she smiled before quickly keeping the plate of fruits kebabs in the fridge and sauntering to the door.

"Assalam Alaikum Habibty" he kissed her forehead embracing her in a hug.

"Wa'alaikum Salaam my love, welcome home" she giggled as he nuzzles into her neck cozily.

"Why do i feel like you just had your bath?" he questioned letting go of her as he walked inside the living room. "And that you had a marathon of Priyanka Chopra! Again." He add seeing the condition the parlor was. A bowl of salted popcorn was on the floor, with a cozy blanket on the couch, two cans of coca cola was sprawled on the floor, a box of tissue and the fact that the TV was on pause right on Alex's face.

"Urrmmm I did not" she lied

"I believe you" he laughed before excusing his self to take a shower. she quickly cleared her mess up, laid the table before running upstairs to pray Maghreb prayers. By the time she was done, Mubarak was sitting on her bed dressed in a black tees and sweat pants. He flashed her a contagious smile which made her smile back.

"Amiin" he prayed as she rub her hand over her body and walked to where he was to rub her palms on his face.

"Aww you prayed for me?" He asked

"I always pray for you" she blushed placing a kiss on his cheek before removing her hijab and folding it together with the praying mat.

The walked downstairs hand in hand as she served them food in the same plate. It was their little tradition. He told her about work and how sunny it was today but when the rain started dropping, he was elated! She laughed as he told her how he almost wanted to park his car on the streets and dance cause it was raining.

"Maa invited us for dinner tomorrow" he said as he grabbed his second skewer of fruits.

"she did?"

"Yes, Adda Safiya talked to her apparently"

"Alhamdulilah, I hope it will turn out well" she prayed and he smiled dropping his half eaten fruits kebab and placing a kiss on her lips.

"InshaAllah it will"

***
Pray for me as i have commenced my examination 🙏

Updates might be slow....

I need to pass oo

What do you think Ahmaad's Ummah is up to😂??

Vote, comment and share