Miracles Happen

As Mr

As Mr. Im found out from the nurses he and Keun Suk headed to the room where YoonA was transferred. Keun Suk was impatient to get there so Mr. Im had to run to kept up with him.

Finally, when they got there Keun Suk opened the door with his trembling hand to see YoonA lying on a propped up bed wide awake. Even though the oxygen mask was gone at that time the dressing around the neck and the draining tube coming out from it was still there. When she saw them her lips formed a painful smile.

As soon as Keun Suk came near, he held her free hand without the connected saline bottle. He was so happy to see her smiling face again after the tormenting hours spent without seeing it.

"How are you, my dear?" Mr. Im asked curiously to know how her voice was.

"I'm alright appa, but the wound hurts so much. I even can't cough." she replied in a feeble hoarse voice.

Keun Suk and Mr. Im looked face to face after hearing her voice. Her voice was not gone but it's not sound like her anymore. So Mr. Im went to talk to the doctor to find out more about it while Keun Suk remained with YoonA in the hospital room.

He planted a soft kiss on her hand with so much love and care while sitting beside YoonA.

"I'm so relieved to see that everything is alright sweetie. Your wound will heal soon and you will be back to normal in no time." he murmured while caressing her hair.

"Your beliefs were right oppa. The people in the staff are extremely caring and thanks to the doctors I even have my voice to talk to you." YoonA replied.

Both of them smiled holding their hands pleased about everything that's happening in a favorable manner.

"The hoarseness of YoonA's voice will settle in a few days after all the tissues healed in the neck as the doctor explained." Mr. Im told Keun Suk when they were on the way home.

"It's a great news sir. I was worried about that although I didn't say anything to her." Keun Suk said.

"I have to thank you for everything. If you didn't arrange all these I won't be able to do it alone. I don't have any words to express my gratitude." Mr. Im went on saying.

"Don't mention it sir. I just did what I have to do." Keun Suk smiled at him.

"Just call me abeoji from now on Keun Suk. You are not different from my son. You've secured a big space in my heart." 

"Thank you very much a..abeoji. I'm so happy to hear your words." Keun Suk replied delightfully.

YoonA had to stay in the hospital for another five days. Day by day she got better. The saline tubes and the neck drain tubes were removed first and the big dressing in the neck became smaller when it's closer to the discharge date. Her voice was recovering too. As the days passed she began to sound like YoonA again.

When she reached home after leaving the hospital Keun Suk and Mr. Im took great care of her just like looking after a delicate flower. She was always happy with all the care and attention was given by the two gentlemen closest to her heart. With the loving protection and nursing, she received at home YoonA had a speedy recovery day by day. By the time her birthday arrived the only thing left in her neck was the scar from the operation.

The three of them celebrated her birthday at the little house in the evening and Keun Suk took her for a walk for the first time following the surgery. After strolling for a while they settled down on a bench under a tree filled with late bloomed cherry blossoms in a quiet park. While the cherry petals rolling down around them with the wind the couple admired the beauty of the final days of the spring in a relaxed mind for the very first time since they reached England.

"Yoong, are you cold? You have to be careful because you need to admit to the hospital in a few days for the other treatment" Keun Suk said.

"No, I'm alright. I can't believe it's been three weeks after my surgery. We have another three weeks for the next admission." YoonA replied.

"Yes, after we finish the treatment we can go back and you can return to your normal life again."

"Oppa, I decided to inform the management of terminating the contract. I won't be able to sing for some time so I don't want the girls to be bothered by me."

"Why do you say so? You can sing again. We'll start to practice from now on. Once we return you can start everything right away."

Maybe... But I'm going to walk out of the group. I think it's the best decision at this moment"

"If that's your wish then it's alright. You can join with Tree J, It's not hard to manage two people for them anyway." Keun Suk suggested.

"Is it OK oppa?"

"Of course, if you want we'll do that!"

"Oppa, Thank you.. I think it's a good idea. And thank you for everything you've done for me up until now. If it weren't for you it would be really difficult for me to face all these alone."

"Don't say that. You've done everything very strongly. And I will definitely be there any time you want me."

"I know you are... I have something to give you oppa. I wrote this out of my gratitude towards you. Hope you like it." YoonA said giving him a rolled out paper tied with a red ribbon.

Keun Suk took it with glowing eyes. When reading it Keun Suk's eyes became wet while his lips formed a beautiful smile. He cupped her face with both hands and look in the eyes to say "I love you" before planted a soft kiss on her forehead after reading it.

"Thank you, my dear. This means a lot to me. I like it so much. You can compose it into a song later, it's great." he said.

"I'm glad you like it. This is the least I can do after you've done so much for me. I love you from all my heart until the day I die oppa." YoonA replied.

Without saying anything KeunSuk circled his arm around her shoulder letting her come closer while YoonA rested her head on his shoulder. They were there cuddled together until the spring air became chiller.

"It's getting cold dear, we need to go now. If you catch a cold it would be difficult for you." Keun Suk said convincing YoonA to leave.

"Yes, we'll go now." she lifted her head up from his warmth.

When Keun Suk got up and took a step forward to leave YoonA held his hand to stop him. At the time he turned around to look at her she stood on her toes to kiss his cheek with immense love, still held on to his hand. This brought a bright smile to his lips and he hugged her carefully for a moment before leaving.