28 - The Valentine's Date

Start from the beginning

"Not bad. What is it made of?" Draco said as he took his first bite.

"It's made of potatoes and seasoned with salt. Sometimes there are other flavours like Cheese, Sour Cream, or my favourite, Barbecue. Here try dipping it in ketchup"

Draco dipped it in ketchup and nodded.

Serena smiled "Okay now try dipping it in ice cream"

Draco did so and thought it was a bit weird as the saltiness and the sweetness were mixing. He gave a disapproving look in which Serena smiled

"I prefer to eat it plain," Draco decided

After their lunch, Serena took Draco to a blockbuster house where they watched old and new muggle movies. Serena was very amused to see Draco very much attentive to the movies, even the romantic one.

They were walking around the street eating food called churros.

"So, what were your reactions to the movies we saw?" Serena asked.

Draco thought about it first, "Hmmm well I definitely like the last movie we saw. Since it's more like our world with all their powers"

"Yeah, Avengers is one of my favourite movies. I do love comic books" agreed Serena.

"I liked the first one we watched too, Forrest Gump was it? It was heartwarming and the second movie we watched, well that was just heart-breaking"

"It is. A walk to remember always pulls my heart-string. But what I didn't expect is for you to cry Draco, I never thought the Draco Malfoy would cry at a romance movie!" Serena teased him.

"C' mon it was sad! Didn't you cry when you first saw it?" Draco asked

"Yes, the ending was heart-breaking but no, I didn't cry. I'm not much of a cryer in movies. So I didn't expect you'd cry since you have such an 'I'm a tough guy' persona"

"Hey, I am a tough guy! But I guess I cried is because if I was in that guy's position.... If you were the one that left me. I couldn't handle it. If I wasn't dating you I would never cry in movies like that"

Serena stopped in her tracks and looked at Draco. She smiled at him and he, in turn, smiled back. "You're so incredibly sweet Draco"

Draco leaned in to kiss her forehead. Serena felt her heart swell with happiness, never wanting this day to end.

Draco and Serena decided not to eat at a restaurant for dinner since their stomachs were already so full with all the local street foods. Serena asked Draco to wait at a bench for her while she goes buy something.

The sun was already setting and the sky was a mix of so many colours. It was definitely a different view from Hogwarts, he felt that even muggle sunsets were different. And that's when Draco realized that he made it through the day without magic. He thought it would be impossible but being with Serena made him forget about it. Him. Forget about magic. Or maybe he wasn't really away from magic, because he was sure that Serena Collins was magic in herself.

Serena arrived sitting beside him. "Oh wow look at the sky! It looks like it's burning!"

"It's definitely different from our sunsets." Draco agreed.

"Oh! We should take a photograph before it gets too dark!" 

"What's that?" Draco asked looking at what Serena was holding

"It's called a Polaroid camera. Just look here and smile. You better smile okay?!" Serena threatened and Draco nodded. "Oh and don't move" she added.

Serena elongated her arms and directed the camera towards them, took the photo and to Draco's surprise, a small piece of paper was coming out of the camera. Serena shook it a bit and there it was their photograph.

"It's perfect!" Serena smiled as she looked at the photograph.

"We're not moving"

"Well yes, muggle photos don't move. But I think in its way it's nice because you really get to capture that single moment. Also, I have something to show you" Serena took unwrapped the item from the paper bag and it showed a tiny somewhat children's book with two ugly women on the front cover. 

Draco just looked at it confused so Serena went on and explained.

"It's a children's book. Thankfully it seems to use both Spanish and English and the reason I showed you this book is that a lot of muggles picture witches looking like this" Serena pointed to the ugly women once again.

"You're kidding," said Draco "Why do they have green skin, with warts on their faces? And since when were our noses that long?! And what is with the weird stiff looking hair?!"

"I don't know.  We're portrayed in so many different ways here in the muggle world, it's gotten a bit better now but still, this is what they usually think of when someone says, witch."

"Well then I should make a story about witches and wizards saying they look like ordinary people and sell it here in the muggle world"

"You're willing to expose our world just so they will know we don't look horrid?" Serena's eyebrow raised.

"No, of course not. There will be tweaks and I'll just say it's all fiction and fantasy"

"That may not be such a bad idea"

They sat there and read through the children's book and then marvelled at the view of the pink and orange sky.

They then returned to Hogwarts and walked back to their common room. When they went inside they were surprised to see that no one was there. They looked at the clock to see it was a little past 12 already. They stood by the stairs separating the boy's and girl's rooms. They were facing each other, their hands intertwined.

"I had an amazing day. To be honest, I didn't think I would survive one day without magic" Draco said smiling.

"To be honest. I didn't think so too" 

Draco stepped closer, his hand reaching the side of her face. He wanted to kiss her already but he had to imprint what Serena looked like, or rather how she was looking at him. She was looking at him with so much love, her smile sultry and sweet. She was absolutely beautiful.

He finally leaned in closer and kissed her sweetly and softly. It still made his heart warm and fuzzy thinking that this girl made an effort to plan an entire day with him.

His hand grabbed her waist pulling her closer and she wrapped her arms around his neck. Kissing her didn't just give him lust and pleasure, it made him feel like there was a volcano in his stomach rising up to his heart.

Serena pulled away and she smiled. Her arms still wrapped around Draco's and Draco's was still wrapped around her waist as well "That's definitely a magical way to end a muggle date"

Draco smiled back. "Thank you, Serena. Today was unforgettable"

"You're welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed it, I had fun as well" Serena tiptoed and gave him one last kiss on the cheek.

"Goodnight, Draco Malfoy" She turned around to head on to the girl's rooms but Draco grabbed her arm to stop her. She turned around to look at him and then he said "I love you"

Serena relaxed her shoulders and smiled, in which Draco immediately took out Serena's Polaroid camera and took a photograph of her.

"Draco!" Serena was surprised

Draco gently shook the film and there showed Serena's smiling face. Her eyes a bit wider from the shock of the sudden flash but her smile was there. The smile Draco wanted to capture when he told her how he felt.

"I'm keeping this," He said. He kissed her forehead and hurriedly went to the boy's rooms.

Serena stood there still shocked yet also felt so happy with how things are going between them and Draco. It was that moment she realized the bliss of being truly in love.