Chatper 3 - his laughter

Lan Zhan woke up in a tangled mess along with the sheets and Wei Ying's limbs. He gently detangled himself from Wei Ying and stepped out to meditate. It had always been his routine to wake up at yinshi and meditate right after brushing his teeth.

He left Wei Ying sleeping as not even a thunderstorm could wake him up any time before noon. He has tried to make Wei Ying to get used his routine and it had all been in vain. All Wei Ying had to do was whine with those big beautiful eyes. With his hair sticking everywhere and body languid, he always looked like he had stepped out of one of Lan Zhan's dreams.

His cheeks colored thinking about his many dreams. If he was in trouble before it was nothing compared to how much Wei Ying could control him after their marriage. His brother knew exactly how smitten he was with his husband and choose ignore the alcohol he sneaks in for Wei Ying. Unfortunately, it was mostly him losing control under the influence of alcohol. His husband dearest was always as steady as a rock. That man!

Last night had been one of those nights. Both of them losing control of their inhibitions quite early during the day. Oh how embarrassed he was after he had sobered up. What if any of their disciples had heard them? What if his uncle had strolled by and had heard the noises?! Oh the shame!

This brought back all of last night's memories. How they had kissed. Tentative at first and more forceful as time passed. How Wei Ying had run his fingers through his long locks and gripped his arms when he touched some place sensitive. How the warmth had spread from the tip of nose to the tip of his toes. How he had kissed that trail of warmth. How Lan Zhan felt his control slipping as each minute passed.

"Love me Lan Zhan" He had said. And love him he did. All night.

When the warm autumn breeze had swept past him, it had ruffled Wei Ying's hair. It made him look like a forest nymph. It made Lan Zhan feel as if he had stolen this magical celestial creature out of heavens and had made him his mortal husband. And he wouldn't give up this creature even if the gods come asking for him.

He remembered feeling Wei Ying's pulse beneath his fingertips. This kept reminding him that Wei Ying was very real and is not going anywhere. He had kissed that pulse and had simply laid there feeling the heartbeat on his lips. He had stolen Wei Ying's breath and kissed his damp forehead. He had knelt on the covers and showered Wei Ying with all the attention that he deserved. He listened to all the words spilling out of his soft lips.

"My love." Lan Zhan's heart had fluttered at those words and threatened to beat out of his chest. It didn't matter than they have been married for years, those words could still make his eyes damp.

The beautiful part though, came afterwards. He had laid back, panting and running his fingers on Wei Ying's body. And suddenly Wei Ying had laughed out of nowhere. He could listen to that sound on repeat for the rest of his life.

"Lan Zhan that tickles! Haha....!" They spent the rest of the night.. laughing. The world was perfect and it was held suspended by Wei Ying's laughter.

Lan Zhan found himself smiling and unable to meditate. His eyes crinkled and suddenly felt a soft weight land on his right shoulder. He turned around to find Wei Ying's head on the back of his shoulder.

"Now tell me what you're smiling about... Don't keep me hanging."

"It's nothing important." He knew it was a big fat lie. Wei Ying was his everything. He was thinking about his everything. He still lied through his teeth. His husband already gloated at every chance he got, he did not need more blackmail material. Heavens above, no!

"My my what happened to –married couples don't keep secrets?"

"I never told you that Wei Ying. My brother did."

Wei Ying pouted. A full grown man pouting should not be this adorable. Lan Zhan was trying so very hard to not smile. "Wei Ying stop pouting and go wash up. I will bring breakfast in shortly." Who was Lan Zhan fooling? He would let Wei Ying sit there, pouting. His husband's health was the only reason he got moving.

As he got up, Wei Ying stopped him by pulling on his wrist. "At least give me a kiss before you leave."

He bent forward and placed two kisses on both his eyelids and walked away with a smug look.

"Lan Zhan! Not fair!!"

Note*: Yinshi = 3-5 am in the morning.