Chapter 18 - His cooking skills

Oh god no.....

OH GOD NO!

Wei Wuxian was a nervous wreck. This wasn't supposed to happen. This was never supposed to happen actually. He looked at the man in front of him and wondered what to do.

Lan Wangji, Lan Xichen, and the boys were all gone to this training camp where warriors especially young warriors from all over the cultivation world came to showcase their talents and learn a new skill that they wish to learn. The best of the best come there to teach including his husband and brother in law. Which is why these events were filled with people and it almost looked like a festival.

Wei Wuxian being the lazy man he is, refused to go to the meet. Sure he could've shown off his talents but that day he had only wanted to stay in bed and sleep. Lan Zhan had not disturbed him. After all, he was the one that wore him out. He had dropped an open-mouthed kiss on his cheek and had left.

But! That was not the issue now. Wei Wuxian thought that he would have 3 days of peace and quiet. No Juniors, No husband, No Uncle. He loved his husband with all his heart but sometimes it's nice to not have someone wake you up in the morning. Lan Zhan had a weird habit of wanting to see his eyes before starting his day.

So he wakes up Wei Wuxian to just look at his sleep filled eyes and kiss him good morning. Then he leaves to go about his business.

Again! That was not the issue.

Apparently, Uncle Qiren had not left for the meet due to a sore throat. Turns out it was not a sore throat and that he was running a temperature. He had not even come to the classes. Which meant it was serious.

Lan Qiren never misses classes. Even if it was at the crack of the morning, at four. NEVER. The students called him a dictator. He wanted to laugh but couldn't. 

Wei Wuxian was worried, but he was also scared. Lan Qiren still scared him. It was more about disappointment rather than anger. Wei Wuxian was scared that someday Lan Qiren will realize that his nephew deserved more and send him away. Or ask Lan Zhan to marry one of the beautiful clanswoman and settle down with children.

He was scared of being the stain that had settled on Lan Zhan's pristine robes. But that also meant that he will do anything to gain Lan Qiren's approval. 

Now there lies the issue. A sick Lan Qiren was even more temperamental than usual. He had shouted at almost all the elders that had gone to him for advice regarding clan matters. He had yelled at them for being so incompetent that they couldn't run the place even for one day without Lan Xichen. 

He hesitantly knocked on the door.

"Come in" Came the sharp response. Wei Wuxian gulped loudly before entering the sleeping chambers.

"Uncle Qiren." He gave a low bow of respect before speaking. "I was worried and wanted to see how you were doing."

"I am doing fine." That was a curt response. Now what?

"The cook told me that you hadn't eaten anything. Would you like me to make you some soup? It might help with the sore throat."

"You do not need you to do that." 

"No! Please let me ..." He gave another bow to enunciate his point.

"...very well.."

----------------------------------------------------------

Wei Ying gave a long sniff at the bowl to see how it was. It smelled just right.

He went in after knocking on the door. Lan Qiren was sitting up with a book in hand. One can never tell that he was sick. Lans... always so poised and perfect.