joe_sugg: omg guys guess what, the internationals board have created this new category where the dance captains have to create a duet together and I've been paired with the red head from Australia

zoesugg: no WAY did you get landed with Australia omg

joe_sugg: ikr, but poor Caspar drew the short straw with Briar!

jackmaynard: oof, poor caspar

amy_dowden: i mean you say that, but Briar just got labelled the best female dancer in the whole competition, he's basically guaranteed a spot in the next round. I reckon he's secretly chuffed

zoesugg: wait Joe so is it a love duet? Do you have to snog the Australian?

joe_sugg: what?! Zoe no omg, it's just a dance. We haven't figured out what we're doing yet but hopefully we can do something that involves no intimate movements because they'll look way too forced and could cost us our chances

conormaynard: dude just do a love duet, confess your love and finally get a girlfriend

I rolled my eyes and shut my phone. They were being annoying. Dianne shortly returned to the room, looking extremely concerned.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"We don't get to choose," she groaned. "We don't get to choose the music and all they've said is to make the dance style 'ambiguous'. Like what the hell does that mean?! How can a dance style be ambiguous?!"

"Oh god," I groaned. "Okay what's the music, we can try and work with that."

"Rewrite The Stars from The Greatest Showman," she sighed. "It's gonna have to be emotional and a bit lovey dovey..."

"Well...we could do a mix of styles," I suggested, trying to ignore the fact I was going to have to dance like I was in love with this girl.

"Okay..." Dianne said slowly. "How many styles are we talking?"

"Well let's take both our strongest styles and then I reckon we should include contemporary too," I said.

"Okay, well my area of expertise is latin and ballroom," she raised her eyebrows. "Can you do that?"

"As a matter of fact I can," I grinned. "We train four hours a week in latin and ballroom. It's not my strong suit but I can do it."

"Okay," Dianne nodded. "What's your strength?"

"Street or jazz," I said. "I like them both."

"So let's put both of them in then," Dianne smiled. "So we have a sort of urban ballroom routine, kind of? But obviously techniques from the other styles, and the storytelling of a contemporary dance."

"Sounds great!" I said, starting to get genuinely excited about this.

"What about some ballet too?" Dianne suggested. "Improve the technical aspect of it, especially if we're putting street in. Or at least lyrical?"

"Good plan," I said. "Let's start brainstorming choreography."

"Russian fouettés," she said immediately. "And bent leg fouettés, they're more technically challenging than straight legs. And pirouettes obviously."

"Okay we don't need a million and one turns though," I laughed. "Russian fouettés I agree with, but so many people will do vent leg fouettés, we need to make this original."

She nodded, and I could tell she was getting excited about it too.

"Storyline, just follow the lyrics," she said. "Forget it's part of a movie, pretend the song is a story in itself."

"Not gonna be hard as I've not seen the movie," I laughed.

Dianne's jaw dropped. "Honestly if we weren't on such a tight deadline I'd make you watch it right now."

"Asking me on a date already, a bit forward don't you think?" I smirked.

She glared at me, but said nothing. Instead she just pulled out 20 pirouettes. Literally out of nowhere. No fouettés to gain momentum, just going straight into them. I was impressed.

"Well that's definitely going in," I whistled.

"Can you do it?" she asked.

"Never tried, but probably not," I replied.

I thought she'd mock me, but she just looked to the floor and smiled to herself. In that moment, she looked kind of...cute.

I already have such great plans for this dance, I can't wait to write it! I've also actually never seen The Greatest Showman, whoops.

I'll update soon! X