There was a silence in the room, This was different to anything any of us could've predicted. Working with members of a rival team in such a short time would be so complicated. I was praying I'd be given someone who spoke English, because otherwise I was screwed.

"By Sunday half of us will be gone," Caspar whispered shakily.

I looked around the room, and not even Briar looked confident anymore. Our fate in the competition was relying on a stranger from another team. This could change everything.

Dianne's PoV
You've got to be kidding me. Work with rival studios?! They're truly trying to tell me that the fate of my competition lies with another team's dance captain? This could be the perfect opportunity to sabotage our teams, like to take out Australia, Canada or Britain would make it anyone's game. Anyone who got partnered with us was gonna try and drag us down, which would not be good.

"I've already got the list of names sorted here!" the Internationals Board member continued his speech. "In no particular order, the first duet will be Alice Chevrolet from France and Pablo García from Spain."

I quickly scanned the room to see who I could be paired with. Joe and Caspar immediately caught my eye. Joe I wouldn't want to work with, but I know Caspar takes everything very seriously and he definitely wouldn't try to sabotage my team. There was also James Charles from the US who would make an amazing partner.

"Briar Lloyd from Canada and Caspar Lee from South Africa!"

Damn. There goes Caspar, and annoyingly it was Briar who got him. She looked pleased, which pissed me off. Caspar, on the other hand, looked absolutely terrified, and walked towards Briar as Joe sniggered in his seat. Typical boy behaviour.

"James Charles from the US and Aline Chaves from Portugal."

Aaaaaaaand there went James. In fact, the room was almost empty now, for after everyone was paired up they all left to rehearse.

"Dianne Buswell from Australia..."

Finally. Now for my partner...

"...and Joe Sugg from the UK."

Joe grinned ear to ear, but I wanted to cry. This was going to be hell.

Joe's PoV
Oh this was going to be so fun. Messing with that redhead all weekend while also being partnered with one of the best dancers? Providing we didn't argue too much there was no denying we'd get through to the next round.

"You planned this," Dianne said to me angrily as we walked out the theatre and into one of the rehearsal spaces.

"How can I possibly have planned this?" I asked, rolling my eyes.

"I don't know, but you did somehow!" Dianne said, her cheeks puffing out like she was some sort of stroppy child.

"Look, think about this calmly, we're two of the best studios in this competition, so as long as we don't fight and we work as though we were on the same team, getting past this round should be a breeze!" I sat on the floor.

She paused, thinking about what I'd said.

"You're right," she said eventually, though you could tell she hated having to say those words to me.

"So, let's start with some ideas," I said calmly to her. "Like what should it be about?"

"Wait, are we allowed to choose everything?" she asked. "Like the music too?"

"Ask them," I shrugged. Dianne nodded, and quickly dashed out the door.

I sighed and got my phone out of my pocket.