Chapter number it's almost been a year

(Changing the word "you" to "her" for ease of communication; Basicaly, to not say "your (ryuji and reader's) chests connected" but instead "their chests" To more clearly indicate it's not just the reader's chest. Do let me know if you guys prefeer "you" Being used!)

Ryuji, upon saying those words, held the girl closer than before. He said nothing, desesperately needing the comfort of having his loved one in his arms, just like that. He shifted her so her cheek touched the side of his neck, their chests now connected in a tight hug. "No one can take her from me like this..." He thought, looling visibly more relaxed as no one of the group was there to interrupt. He knew he had fucked up; He knew he had made her sad, but he didn't know what to say for now. She let him hug her, confused as to what he truly felt.

Upon arriving, Ryuji got up, still holding her in his arms. He walked ff the bus, denying any attempts she tried to make for him to let her walk on her own. "I owe you this." He simply replied. It didn't *feel* Like him, since he was always so careless, seemingly having no sensibility; Much the opposite of Akira.
Ryuji knew he was different- He knew he didn't like having a crush. He felt weak every time he thought of her, as id he was going to faint, dizzy. He didn't want to be weak... Not only for himself, but for her. He wanted to be strong, to be abke to help, to make her feel better when she needed it. But what had happened? She had to talk to Akira, of course. He was slowly accepting that he was, indeed, jealous of him. He didn't like the way Akira could make her smile when he couldn't. He didn't like lacking the skills to understand women. he didn't like lacking the confort and courage to tell her, no barriers, that she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen.
But he wasn't strong enough to admit he liked her yet. Just as he realized this, he looked down at her face, the face that could rid him of all his stress. He let himself slowly calm down as he stared at her lovingly. Thank goodness she was sleeping, because she would probably think the way he stared was probably a bit... Intense. When they arrived, it was already late. He softly pinched her cheek to wake her up. "{Name} -chan ... Shit, that doesn't feel natural... {Name}, wake up. You have to open the door to your house. Do you have a key?"
The girl nods lazily, still a bit drowzy, and takes her keys from her pocket, giving them to him.
--
Ryuji ever so gingerly laid her down the sofa, a sad frown on his face. He just knew he had no chance now. He had stupidly told her another girl was hot. But was she really? Did he truly think that? Or was it only to defend his masculinity, or something like that? "Fucking stupid. I don't need to proove anything to anybody..." He knelt down to stroke her cheek one last time before leaving, until her hand pawed in front of her, reaching for him. She was sleeptalking as well, mumbling his name. Ryuji, completely overjoyed she was dreaming about him, or at least not done with him, held out a finger to check if she reallybwas looking for him. She subconsciousily held his fingers in her closed fist, now smiling.
Ryuji couldn't believe the situation- And so, he decided to stay with her that night, hugging her close during his sleep, his mind eased at how close tgey were, at how HE was the one protecting her.

--
Sorry for the huge delay lol hope you like it!