Chapter Fifteen

I know you probably don't care but my life is a mess right now and I'm just barely holding my shit together (pardon my french). Anyway, here's chapter fifteen and it's quite rich in action.

Also, I've started writing a new story, about Robb Stark (I'm rather obsessed with Richard Madden at the moment, in case you haven't noticed.) Anyway, it's called Across The Narrow Sea and I ask you readers to check it out

Please do not forgot to vote and comment, it's what keeps me going in the dark night, full of terrors.

PS: I'm not drunk.

-/-/-/-

The dream was coming to an end. I could feel it, sense it, the way the edges started to darken until finally the whole image turned black. And then, there was a hand against my mouth, pressing down firmly so that I wouldn't, couldn't scream. Following my instincts, I bit down hard before trying to pull away from the assailant.

"Alma." David urgently whispered my name and I opened my eyes at once, realizing it was just him. He appeared worried, deep frowns on his forehead as he brought his finger to his lips and gestured for me to remain quiet. Still startled and confused, I nodded hesitantly. "Listen." He instructed.

I did as asked but with one ear firmly pressed against the pillow and sleep still weighing me down, I couldn't make out anything. "Someone's in here," David finally explained and it was my turn to frown. I hadn't heard anything. "I'm going downstairs. You stay here and lock the door," David ordered once again before swiftly jumping out of bed, making no noise in the process. He stopped by the window a quick second, peaking outside before grabbing his gun and leaving me alone.

I sighed deeply, before stretching out in bed and glancing at the battery-powered alarm clock. It was little after three in the morning. Surely it was nothing, just the wind or maybe a mouse, the house was old after all. The alarms would have gone off if there had been an intruder, there were sensors by every window and every door. David was just overreacting, I told myself before pushing back the covers and leaving the bed. If I was up at this hour, I might just as well get myself a snack from the kitchen.

The room was colder than I had expected so I put on David's shirt without bothering to button it up all the way up. I still couldn't hear any anything out of the usual, and softly shook my head, sighing, before walking into the en-suite bathroom. Absentmindedly, my fingers grazed over the light switch but the bathroom remained dark. I tried once again but it still didn't work.

"Stupid old house," I murmured under my breath, resigned to use the loo in darkness.

Stepping out the bathroom again, I walked over to the bedroom door, reaching for the handle when the door flew open, almost hitting my face. Before I could even think about screaming, the intruder showed me his badge. "Police constable, Devron." The young man announced as I read his badge. When he was sure I was done, he put it back inside his jacket pocket, the police cap almost falling off his head.

"What's going on?" I asked with a mixture of worry and suspicion as I let the man inside the room. "Why didn't you ring the doorbell instead of breaking in?"

"The power is out and the doorbell is electric, miss," Devron explained, walking inside the room like he owned the place. "We've got Nadia Ali and her accomplices in custody." He informed me, after a quick inspection of the room. What exactly had he been expecting to find?

"And this couldn't wait until morning?" I complied with a yawn, leaning against the wall.

"I'm afraid not, miss," Devron replied curtly, his bulletproof vest making him look bulkier than he most likely truly was. "PM Julia Montague herself asked for you to be brought back to London as soon as Nadia Ali was captured."