OC Character: Vera Bellman

Name: Vera Bellman.
Age: 18.
Gender: Female.
History: Vera is the daughter of the local bellman. She always dreamed about becoming an adventurer. She trained hard in archery and light swordplay until word reach the small time near the main capital that the king was looking for adventurers to accompany the legendary heroes!
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I quickly rushed into the castle my cape swooshing after me as i skidded inside the large throne room. I skidded to late and hit the door frame with a -:BAM:- I rubbed my head and quickly hopped onto my feet not realizing my entry had stopped a lively discussion. 

Me: "Um.... Ex-Excuse me! I'm Vera and i wanna join the legendary heroes!" I stopped infront of the group huffing and puffing, I looked to see a red head just about to raise her hand when i blasted out "Am i too late?" There in front of me besides the king and guards and nobles,  there was four young boys 3 of them had a lot of adventurers behind them. Only one was standing alone.... it was Shield Hero. He looked at me with surprise and..... was that hope?

I blushed when we looked eyes... he looked kinda cute, "Excuse me! I'm Vera Bellman and I would like to join a party, I can handle the arrow and i'm good with a saber! Please accept me as a member!" I bow deeply at the boy with the shield. 
The room seemed to have lost the ability to breathe and i looked up to notice him looking really happy. "S-Sir?" I ask. 
He return to earth and quickly nods "N-no problem! I don't mind, my name is Iwatani Naofumi nice to meet you." he bowed back and i sighed in relief smiling happily. i sweeped my long dark ponytail back over my shoulder. "R-really!" I clapped my hands in joy. I gave him my hand to shake "Let's do our best Iwatani-sama!" 

"Naofumi is fine." he shock my hand and i nodded "Then you may call me Vera too!" 
The King coughed interrupted us and i blushed realizing the scene i had made i also missed the angry glare from a certain redhead behind the spear hero.
"Well you have your companion so i will give you your founding  and send you all out on your journeys."

Naofumi received 300 silvers and together the two of us left the throne room.
I walked next to Naofumi and waited for him to speak.
"So, Vera-san."  I stopped him "You don't have to be so formal Naofumi, i'm your companion not your boss." I laughed. He relaxed a bit "Well then Vera-chan, what do we do now?" I thought about it. then counted the alternatives "Well... either we go to a smithy to get you some armour or well head straight out to train." Naorumi seemed to think about it for a second before deciding on finding a smithy.

I nodded "Then... shall we take a look around? I have never shopped armour in the capital before but i know about a smithy close to Nana's brothers herb shop. we could ask him then compare?" 

(So we spent all afternoon looking for the right smithy and decided on the shop close to the herb shop. The tall muscular owner was funny and kind enough to help us get a good armour.)

After that we headed down to the fields to hunt some monsters.
I couldn't stop asking about Naofumi's home world... the concept of cars and airplanes had me chatting.... i stopped and flushed pink. "S-Sorry......" 

"Why?" Naofumi asked confused.
"It must be boring to hear me prattle so.... " Naofumi covered his mouth snickering making me pout. He ruffled my bangs "I don't mind, tbh i'm actually happy you came along when you did Vera-chan."  

"oh.... that's right, i did interrupt a conversation it seemed...."   

Naofumi shook his head.
"you were the only one to volunteer to be in my team." 

I blinked confused "Why only me? did something happen?" Naofumi looked a bit down.

 "I don't know... it kinda seems no one likes me much because i'm the Shield.... and the weakest."  I now understood.

"Naofumi, it's not your fault.... The Shield is not weak besides things will only be as bad as you make it out to be!" I try to make him smile again. "So Let's do our best!" Finally he smiled.
We continued to slay small monsters and had a good look at Ren the sword hero too.

Eventually night rolled around and me and Naofumi was making camp near a river despite him suggesting we should rent a room instead. I insisted camping was better plus you had the night sky to look at! we fried some fish and played some five in a row before rolling out the sleeping bags. "Goodnight Naofumi!"

"Good night Vera."  Naofumi remained awake for a bit not used to the outdoors but the fire and the comfort of a comrade nearby calmed him. He couldn't help but smile when Vera snuggled deeper into her bag muttering about orange balloons and food. 
"I'm really luck you came when you did." 
She'll be my sword and i'll be her shield.... and as her friend i must look after her.
Eventually Naofumi too fell pray for sleep.