20

Dianne's POV:
I lay in bed, staring up at the ceiling while listening to music through my earphones.
Joe was fast asleep next to me, his arms wrapped securely around my waist. Tears started to slip down my damp cheeks, trailing down to my ears.
Slowly, I rolled out of Joe's grip and was careful not to wake him up.
Eventually, I stood up and unzipped my hoodie, letting it drop to the floor.
Just in a plain black tank top and a pair of dark green shorts, I stepped out onto the balcony that came with the hotel room.
I lightly close the door behind me, so the freezing air wouldn't enter the hotel room.
I walk up to the railing, my hands grasping the cold metal.
I gaze out at the sea, letting the wind ruffle my hair.
It was calming, the somewhat quiet city and the crashing of the waves.
It reminded me of home, in Australia, by the sea.
It made me remember the main reason I moved here, and not just because of the dance opportunities.
Back home, my family relationships weren't that great.
My parents would always argue, keeping myself and my brother awake at night. They left us to look after ourselves, not even noticing if we were missing.
I made the decision to leave everything behind and start fresh, and even then it came crashing down.
Everything that had happened over the past weeks had broken me more than I thought was possible, and I could barely handle it anymore.
I was cheated on, I lost a baby.. What more could go wrong?'
I ran my hands along the my arms, shivering from the cold.
Suddenly, I feel something wrap around my shoulders.
I look behind me and see Joe, putting his arms around me.
'What're you doing out here so early?' He asked, in a tired voice.
'Couldn't sleep.' I mumble, leaning into his side.
'Wanna talk about it?'
I shake my head, he didn't need to know anymore than he already knows.
'Okay, just... remember that I'm always here for you. Whenever, wherever.'
I smile, managing to laugh slightly.
'Never thought I'd see Joe Sugg being so soft.' I giggle, placing my hand on his jaw.
'And I know, and I'm always here for you.'
I lean in hesitantly.
We had never kissed, although we were a few weeks into our relationship.
Joe wanted to make sure that I was ready, and I was.
I connected my lips to his gently, placing my other hand on his shoulder.
He kissed back, placing his arms around my back, pulling me closer.
When we pulled away, I could see the blush on his cheeks.
'That was... my first kiss..' he muttered awkwardly, looking away.
I turn his head back to face me, giving him a reassuring smile.
'Well, I'm glad that it was someone that loves you very much.'
He smirked, taking my hands.
'Did Dianne Buswell just say she loves me?'
It was my turn to blush, making me turn away.
'I did.'
Suddenly, I feel him lead me to the centre of the balcony, which was quite spacious.
He starts to lead me through an unchoreographed dance, turning me under his arm and lifting me up in places.
Then, we come into a ballroom hold, and takes out his phone.
Breaking Free starts playing, making me smile.
'Think you can remember it?' I ask, smirking.
Then, we continue to dance, despite the frozen air and the heavy rain that began to start falling.
Our foreheads connected at the end of the dance, and all that could be heard was the sound of rain and our breathing.
The smile on my face was genuine, and I felt happy for the first time in ages.
'I've always wanted to do that.' Joe breathed, pulling me into a tight hug.
'Do what?' I ask, scraping my hair away from my face.
'Dance in the rain with someone I love.'
My grin widens, and I lean in for another kiss.
'So have I.'