Chapter Two - Here Comes The Prince

[Add the book to your library to get a notification for when each NEW chapter is uploaded, and don't forget to vote!]

   As the group of demons reached the end of their route and looked up at Hart from the ground, he stretched his wings far and wide and jumped off the cliff. It seemed so natural to him to have wings. He fell flawlessly through the air, his wings opening wider and acting like a parachute so that he would land softly on the ground.

The demons knelt as he landed, bowing their heads as a gesture of respect and obedience. Hart's wings folded behind him like a giant elegant cape and he marched towards the demons.

"Hartheon," one of them said as they all raised their heads again.

"Who are you?" Hart asked the red creatures.

"We're from the Dhark Clan, we've been waiting for you."

The Dhark Clan belonged to Rev, the largest city in Hell. It also meant that the clan was the strongest and most powerful one of all. Hart didn't know much about clans, but he knew that Lucifer controlled one of them. The Dhark Clan must belong to him, since a few of its members were standing right in front of him. They had waited for him to arrive, there was no other explanation.

"I want to see my father," Hart said.

"Then you'll have to speak to our leader for that."

"Your leader? Isn't my father the leader?"

"No, sir. It's . . . complicated. She will explain everything to you."

"Explain it now."

The demons looked at each other, exchanging confused faces.

"You've never seen Lucifer, have you?"

"No, I haven't. I've lived my entire life on earth," Hart told them.

"Sir, no one has ever seen Lucifer. Nobody knows where he is, or if he's even here at all."

Now Hart was the one confused. He watched their terrifying faces, watching their nostrils flaring and their pupils expanding and shrinking. These demons looked different than the ones he had met on earth. But they were part of a powerful clan, they were soldiers and obviously well trained. Hart was new at this. He had never been in hell before, he didn't know everything about it. He only knew what his mother had told him.

"How is that possible? He created me, he gave my mother unimaginable power!"

"Speak to our leader, she will answer all of your questions. We came here only to escort you back to the castle. If other kinds knew that the prince was here, chaos would rise."

"Chaos?"

The demons looked like they were irritated by the continuation of Hart's questions, but they couldn't say anything against him. He was the prince after all, they had orders. But Hart noticed and shut his mouth, nodding at them to lead the way.

The demons transformed and sprinted down the rocky earth. Hart was surprised at the transformation that it took him a couple of extra seconds to react and run after them. He felt stupid running after the demons, since they were running at full speed and were pretty fast. He switched to his wings and rose into the air. He caught up to them regardless of their supernatural speed. His wings were faster and stronger than all of them combined.

Hart soared over the demons, keeping his eyes on the terrain as it changed from a bronze kind of color to coal-like black. At this rate, they were going to reach Rev before he could take another breath. And he was right, they would have taken an hour in human speed, but they made it to the city. Hart lowered down on the ground when the demons halted.