𝔦𝔦. 𝐇𝐎𝐁𝐎 𝐁𝐎𝐍𝐍𝐈𝐄 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐂𝐋𝐘𝐃𝐄

Start from the beginning

"I look ridiculous" Nikita got straight to the point with her answer and explained her predicament with a frown, looking down at the clothes that would allow her to blend into a school that was known for its social classes and heavy use of gang affiliations.

"But you don't know what you truly look like... you're just looking down at yourself" Marcus pointed out to the girl, in an attempt to assure her that she looked fine "If you look ridiculous, it means I must look horrendous" the boy added on, shaking his head as he mocked being offended by her accusation.

A bell ringing from outside of the room interrupted the conversation between the pair, prompting them both to collect their bags and slide on their blazers. Outside of the confinements of the room, the halls were starting to flood with students, making their way through each of the corridors to their lockers ready to see the two new kids everyone was talking about. What the friends did not know, or seem to realise given one had affiliations and the other had none whatsoever, was that one would have it easy and one would have it hard—though, it was not the most obvious answer in the world as to who would have it what way.

All eyes were on Nikita and Marcus as they walked through a sea of students from all different social groups and standings, whispers and rumours floating in the air as people fell into two different opinion groups: the ones who were scared shitless of the two teenagers who had pulled off a massacre... and those who were sceptical, wanting to see if it was real or just talk. Marcus stared back at a lot of them, knowing that it did not matter where his pupils were from: they were all assholes. It was just the way kids were, and unfortunately seeing as it was a school for killers and the deadly arts, the daggers thrown into your back were very much real.

"Dobro pozhalovat" Nikita looked away from the inside of her locker as a boy leaned against the one before hers, a bright smile on his face as he stared at her as if she was going to speak back to him in Russian. His words may have said welcome!, but his eyes were more I want to marry you and Marcus did not know whether to be amused or protective as he watched from behind Nikita at his own locker "Where we are from, your name is strictly boys name. Also means 'victor'—I am boy, and I am Viktor... we are good match" the boy, who Nikita now knew was called Viktor, both slightly insulted the girl and introduced himself simultaneously.

Glancing past the tall and over confident male, Nikita's eyes landed on a group who were watching them eagerly, listening as Viktor turned around and spoke to them in Russian whilst giving them a thumbs up. When he turned back to Nikita, however, his smile dropped as he saw that she was not smiling about his words and was instead glaring at him as if he was pulling off some big joke... when, instead, he was genuinely trying to recruit her into his gang.

"Ya ne soglasen..." Nikita started to shake her head as she expressed she disagreed about the males thoughts on them being a match on the basis of names, as well as herself - and Marcus - being welcomed at the school "Look. Sorry to burst your bubble, but I'm not Russian... I think maybe you've misunderstood" Nikita let the boys hopes down, watching us he held up a finger like he was about to point something out, however she cut him off "Yes, I know I can understand what you're saying and that my file says I was born there and that my name is common there... but those are the only remotely Russian parts about me" the girl sighed out as she explained, and Viktor looked as if she had just hurt his feelings and his homeland badly.

As he backed away and broke the news to his friends, who upon laughing at the male, Viktor realised he had been set up. Marcus could not help but laugh himself, having his own experience the day before when a girl had asked him if he was Mexican. He had explained that his father was Nicaraguan and his mother was from Kentucky, though he soon learned she was not at all interested in his family history and just wanted to recruit him into the gang filled with Cartel members. She at least got a laugh out of the fact he had answered her question of whether or not he had any affiliations with how he did not vote.