i. pride and hot tubs | g. fullbuster [f]

fairy tail.
warnings: none.
prompt: "perhaps someone so used to the cold would shy away from the heat."

·★·

Grey Fullbuster was prideful in his own quiet way. Unlike Loke or Sting who both enjoy flaunting their pride on their sleeve, Grey found that asserting himself in subtle ways was the best way to impress you.

Yes, the ice mage had fallen for a girl. Perhaps it was the fact that Natsu seemed to flaunt Lucy left and right, or maybe it was because of just how alluring you were. There was no doubt in the fact that you were very attractive, as both men and women often spared more than one glance in your direction. So what had caused him to be in this position?

His goddamn pride of course.

"Say, out of curiosity, can an ice mage like you handle hot tubs?" Your glimmering [c] eyes feigned innocence as you examined your fingers nonchalantly.

Grey scoffed in exasperation, knowing that you were trying to get on his nerves again. You knew the answer, you weren't that stupid. However, it seemed that lately all you had been doing was teasing and taunting him. Did he not show enough hints that he was interested in you? That he liked you?

And so, he found himself standing by the side of the hot tub, onyx eyes drinking in your nearly naked form. To prove his quiet pride, Grey had asked you to join him in the hot tub. While others may have thought he was planning for something naughty, Grey only intended to prove that he was a prideful man to you.

However, now he saw you seated on the other side of the hot tub, lazy [c] eyes shrouded by steam and mischief... Grey had a feeling that he should've came with goals to do something else.

Your arms were propped up on the sides, almost seeming like you were inviting him to mould his body into your own. Luckily, while the water level was dangerously low, he couldn't see much of your body through the steamy atmosphere. If that had not been there, Grey was afraid that he couldn't hold himself back otherwise.

"What's wrong, Grey?" You rolled your head back, teasingly exposing your collarbone to him, "too afraid to feel a little heat for a change?"

Now you've done it. Grey growled, stripping his clothes off while trying not to blush as your heated gaze watched him. Leaving on his undergarments, he slipped himself into the pool of hot water with a hiss.

"Is it too hot?"

"Shut up, [Name]." You giggled at his grumbling, causing his face to heat up. His black eyes shot up to your own when he felt your skin brush by his.

You had moved to sit dangerously close, arms pressed up against his own. Grey found himself struggling to not look downwards, but could not hold back his labored breath and pink-dusted cheeks.

"What are you trying to do, [Name]?"

"What do you think I'm trying to do, Icy?"

Fuck it, two can play at this game. Grey leaned in closer, nose nearly brushing her own. If she wanted to be such a tease, then he'll just have to return it.

"If I didn't know better," Grey's lips tugged up in a mischievous smirk, "I'd have thought you were hitting on me."

"Do you know any better though?"

[Name] wasn't given any time to release her signature chuckle, as Grey had already slammed his lips into hers. His grip on her waist showed that he didn't intend, to let go anytime soon-not that she minded. A needy groan left his lips as they parted, formerly hesitant eyes now completely covered by a dark shadow of desire.

"So," Grey's breath was caught in his throat as [Name] spoke, "Is that it?"

Grey was speechless, dark eyes searching your face with hints of lust and confusion.

"I mean," You continued, "Someone so used to the cold would shy away from the heat--"

His lips were on yours again, dark eyes glaring into your own as he dared you to question him again. He was a prideful man, and testing him would only lead for him to prove you wrong.

And damn, you loved it.