"I guess that's our chance," I said, shrugging my shoulders. "Do you think I can go in this?" I gestured to my battle-style Asgardian clothing.

"Probably not."

"Fine." I created a semi-permanent illusion of a dress based off Asgardian custom, but with the more free style of Sakaar weaved in. The high neckline copied Asgard, while the sleeved that ended at the shoulders added a bit of modernivity. Color-wise, it was black but faded to a dark green the closer it got to the hem. 

"You look... stunning," Loki said. 

"I feel like I'm way too dressed up for a survey mission."

"We have to maintain our cover." He had a more Sakaarian version of his usual attire. "You'll be fine.

We walked hand in hand to a room filled with some species I recognized and others I didn't.

"Do you see her?" Loki asked. 

"Not yet." I caught the attention of one of the more normal-looking people. "Excuse me?" I said in his language, "have you seen any Asgardian-looking people lately?"

"I can't say that I have," he said. "You speak well. Where did you learn?"

"Oh, I pick up languages easily," I said dismissively. "I presume you speak English? My friend here prefers science to languages."

"Of course I speak English," he said. "But let's keep what I'm saying between you and me."

"I'll pass," I said in English. "Do you know of anyone who can actually be of any help?"

"They might." He pointed to a group of drinking rich people sitting around a table before walking away. 

"What did he want?" Loki asked, glaring at the man.

"Something that I was unwilling to provide." We walked over to the table the man had indicated. 

"Mayhem!" one of the shouted. "Where have you been?"

"Everywhere and more," I said, sitting down. 

"Who's the guy?" another asked. 

"That's Loki, my partner in crime. Have you seen any Asgardians lately?"

"Not in a while." She handed us two drinks. "So, what's new?"

"Not all that much, if I'm being honest," I said, looking to Loki for help. 

"Have you heard the tale of how I tried to take over Asgard but ended up saving it instead?" he said, coming to my aid.

"Do tell," the woman said. 

"Imagine for a moment that you are the second son of the most powerful being in the universe. This said king has brought peace to countless words for centuries. Now imagine that the heir to this brilliant king is a self-centered reckless idiot who thinks that he knows everything."

"Goodness," one of the ladies said. 

Loki was an animated storyteller; his tone changed with the mood of the story. "But as the second son, you are strategic, calm, and think about the good of the people first. If there were a way to get this unprepared heir out of the picture, you would do it, right?"

"Right."

"I was put in this situation. In a rash decision, my brother decided that killing an entire race would help save our country. This, of course, got him banished. My father fell into a sort of coma, leaving me to take the throne.

"Before my father fell into the coma, I learned that I was one of the people from the country my brother tried to destroy. That, in addition to my brother's return from banishment, lead to a state of panic. I used a weapon to begin to destroy the country I previously mentioned. I failed, luckily. When the weapon was destroyed, the shock wave sent me hanging off a cliff, barely holding on to a spear that my brother was holding.

"Still hanging from the spear, I implored that my father, who had woken from the coma, see from my point of view. He denied that my goal of saving my country was a valid one."

The people at the table, who had been listening intently, gasped. 

"I had a choice to make. I could either climb back to the top of the cliff and risk imprisonment upon my return, or I can survive the fall, live my own life, and see the look on my brother's face when he sees that I'm alive."

The people laughed. 

"So, I had this heartbroken face that probably made my father and brother feel terrible. It was probably one of my best performances. And then, I let go.

They all laughed, Loki and I along with them. 

"Loki?" Thor asked. "Loki!"