five

xue set her alarm at 4:30 am because she knew she would fall asleep while studying

xue set her alarm at 4:30 am because she knew she would fall asleep while studying. she woke up with bloodshot red eyes, still feeling drowsy.

she stared at the notes in front of her and contemplated whether she should continue revising. "screw exams." she mumbled, getting up from her study place then proceeding to sleep on her bed.

it felt as if she took a 20 minutes nap because her mom was already knocking at her door, waking her up. she got up lazily and got ready for school.

she grabbed a pack of biscuit and a box of milk and left for school. sometimes her dad would drop her off but usually, she would walk to school.

she walked past by jaemin's house and wondered if he left for school already or not. as if on cue, jaemin came out from his house gate. "oh are you waiting for me?"

"no, i wasn't. i was just checking if you left for school already or not." she reasoned out. "sure. let's go." he smiled, dragging her.

"you're the only child?" jaemin suddenly asked. "yeah. what about you?"

"i have an older sister. but she's currently in college so i get all the love from my parents." he giggled. "you're such a kid na jaemin."

"same goes to you."

"what? i'm not-"

"have you seen your face when you asked me if we could get ice creams? you looked like a 10-year-old." he mocked her.

"whatever jaemin. do you want some?" she asked, raising the pack of biscuit. "nah. i don't take breakfasts."

suddenly xue stopped walking and placed both her arms on her hips. "how can you not take breakfast? do you know breakfast is the most important meal of the day?"

jaemin stopped walking as well and turned to her. "well it's a habit of mine already to skip breakfasts." he shrugged. "let's go. do you want to be late for school?"

"i'm not moving an inch! if you don't eat this biscuit!" she said them loudly. "you do know you're only embarrassing yourself right?" jaemin asked.

"i don't care! eat the biscuit or we'll be late for school! well, i'm pretty sure you're not leaving me here alone so take it!" she said, blackmailing the boy as she handed a biscuit from the packet.

jaemin sighed deeply and dragged her. "fine." he gave up and took one. they walked side to side again as they munched on the biscuits.