Kiss

We originally had planned on getting me a double cheeseburger but then Sherlock just had to deduce the man and out of instinct I had to join in on the deduction making. He couldn't get all the fun for himself.

In short we were kicked out for merely observing.

"All those deductions left me full." I said rubbing my tummy playfully.

"Really?" He said raising an eyebrow.

"Yep. What about you?" I asked.

"I think I need a little dessert." He said smirking at me.

"What do you mean?" I laughed confused.

"You, obviously." He said.

"Me? Obviously?" I asked.

"Yes." He said.

We both stopped and looked at each other, both of us with a confused expression on our face.

"I'm not a dessert, idiot, I'm a human. " I giggled.

"Human, will you be my dessert?" He asked politely, coming dangerously close to me.

"How can I possibly...be your dessert?" I asked, still confused. Maybe he was a cannibal.

"Like this..." He said before leaning in to me and pressing his lips gently on to mine.

The kiss was sweet but unexpected. He pulled away when heard his text notification go off.

"Sebastian texted me." He said looking at my red face.

I couldn't comprehend what had just happened, so I kept quiet.

"Y/N?" Sherlock said again.

"What?" I said snapping out of my trance. It meant nothing. Just dessert. Right?

"Sebastian's text." He said showing me.

"Got all of the information?" I said,slowly recovering from what had just happened.

"Yes. I should get back to my flat so I can piece together his whereabouts. Stay over at my place tonight." He said.

"Is that alright?" I asked.

"Why would I ask you if it wasn't alright? What idiot does that?" He said looking at me confused while getting a cab.

"I don't know, a lot of people." I chuckled before getting inside.

We were sitting quietly before he broke the silence.

"I know you have questions." He said.

"Yea, I know I have questions too." I said.

"Ask away." He said.

"How long do we have to find Molly?" I asked with a hint if worry in my voice.

"5 more days." He said.

"And if we don't..." I said gulping.

"We will." He said sternly, now looking at me.

"I know, but what will happen to her if we don--" I was interrupted.

"Y/N...don't worry." He said taking my hand that was shaking slightly on the taxi seat and rubbing his thumb on the top of it.

"Okay." I said flushing red.

"Good." He said , continuously rubbing his thumb against the top of my hand gently, and looking out the window on his side.

"I have one more question..." I said.

"What is it?" He asked looking back at me.

"Why did you...kiss me back there?" I asked hesitantly.

"I told you, I was hungry for dessert." He said smirking at me.

"So, it didn't mean anything?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He said.

"Nothing." I said forcing a fake smile.

"Of course it meant something." He said which surprised me.

"What did it mean?" I asked staring into his eyes.

"Your lips looked so sweet, and lush...and I, quite frankly... I couldn't contain myself." He said staring into mine as well.

"What do you mean?" I asked, flushing red.

"What I'm trying to say is that..." He started but bit his bottom lip struggling to say the words.

"What?" I said anxiously.

"I think I may have developed some sentiment towards you, Y/N..." He said gripping my hand tighter.

His pupils were dilated. Something I thought I would never see.

"Sherlock...sentiment...you always say sentiment is a chemical defect found on the losing side...remember? I said quietly.

"If I have to travel to the losing side to get you, then so be it. I know my feelings are real. It will weaken me...but I don't care if it's for you." He said seriously.

"What exactly are your feelings?" I asked, with intrigue.

"That if that cannot be described by any word other than sentiment towards you." He said.

I leaned in and kissed his cheek shyly.

"This is really awkward." I said smiling after I had pulled away.

"Why? It seems perfectly fine." He smiled a confused smile.

"The cabbie Sherlock..." I whispered and gestured to the cab driver.

"I don't mind. You two remind me of myself when I was your age." The cabbie said smiling.

"Yes I'm assuming you got that phrase from--" I cut Sherlock off by elbowing him.

"Thank you." I said smiling fakely.

When we reached 221B we got out and Sherlock glared at me, probably for elbowing him. It was supposed to look serious and scare me but...I found it rather hot.

"Why did you elbow me?" He said.

"You were about to deduce the poor man!" I said giggling.

"It hurt." He said, opening the door to his flat.

"What do you want me to do about it?" I said, regretting my reply.

"I'll show you." He said pulling me in his flat with a smirk.