Chapter 1 The New World

Start from the beginning

   They laugh once again and then walk away with Mike leading the other three, leaving me there all vulnerable.

   This was part of my daily life. Being bullied to no end. I had no idea what I did wrong to deserve this kind of treatment. I simply did what I know and felt what was right to me. I have forgotten how the bullying started or why it even started to begin with. I just can't believe I still came to school despite all the abuse.

   "Whoa, Jaxon. You alright?"

   I hear footsteps approach me, I looked up to see who it was and it was one of my few my friends, Fern Green. He stretched out his hand to help me get up. The strange thing about him is his last name, because it fits so well with his appearance. His hair the color green with matching light green eyes. He wore a blue button-up shirt with a tie dangling around his neck, grey baggy pants, and a pair of sneaker shoes.

   "I'm fine," I dismiss him, standing on my own than accepting his generous offer. I walk up to my phone to pick it up. My blue eyes gazed down to the screen. I frowned, noticing a large crack has been made through the middle of my cellular's screen.

   "Well, if you say so," He shrugged it off, but he seemed to have noticed the damage that had happened to my phone. "Dude, that's just messed up. You need to tell someone about those bastards."

   "Eh, I have before to teachers multiple times, but they don't do anything about it. It doesn't matter anyways at this point."

   Silence fell between the two of us. Then, the bell rang, signaling the start of class soon. We head our separate ways to our own classes. From there, my whole school day was filled mostly with classwork, notes, and, during free time or when the teacher wasn't paying close attention, social media. Mostly texting with my online friends or Julie. After the bell rang to leave, I pick up my backpack, meet up with Fern to say our goodbyes for the day, and walk out to go home.

   I unlocked the door to the house and walked in. It was empty and silent. Mom must be still at work, I thought to myself.

   I go straight to my room and put my backpack on the desk chair. I approached my bed and layed down on it. I felt drained and tired from this single day. I didn't feel the need to eat anything but to go to dreamland.

   I closed my eyes, and before I knew it, I fell into a deep slumber.

   When I woke up, my eyes were blinded by the brightness of the blue sky. I blinked my eyes and rubbed them, before seeing my typical whitewashed ceiling was replaced by a blue sky filled with pure white clouds.

   What did I just wake up to? I thought. Is this part of a dream...?

   I sat up quickly and looked around. The slight breeze picks up, moving along with my black locks and the green grass underneath me. My surroundings have changed as well. I wasn't anymore in my usual room but in the middle of somewhere distant and unknown.

   "Where the hell am I?" I asked myself, getting up from the greenery ground. My eyes drift around once again and I see people working in large fields. "Okay then... I guess I'm somewhere near farms," I said to myself, yet I felt something was just off about all of this. Just a moment ago, I was in the middle of my room, falling asleep, and all of a sudden, I am in the middle of who knows where. What gets more confusing is the type of clothing the people were wearing. The men wore medieval tunics, while the women wore long gowns with sleeveless tunics and wimps to cover their hair.

   I stood there, stunned. I haven't seen any type of clothing they had on except for movies, video games, and fantasy books. I glanced to my left and found a giant stone wall standing tall and firm. "A stone wall?" At this point, I had no idea what was going on anymore. Everything seemed like a mere fantasy.

   "Hold!" A stern voice disturbed my awe moment. I turned to look at who the voice belonged to and next thing I knew, I felt a steel blade pressed against my neck. Cold sweat ran down my back and my heart started to panic.  A man with a rugged and stern face appeared in front of me. He's covered in steel armor.

   "Who are you? And what are you doing here?" The man asked in a blunt tone.

   "Uh... I-I'm Jaxon. Jaxon Pierce," I stuttered nervously. "I don't know why I'm here," I explained to him, eyeing down to the sword against my neck before looking back at him. "I just woke up here, I swear."

   "Sure..." He furrowed his eyebrows into a frown, having no belief in what I was saying to him, "You think I'm a fool to believe such lies. Do you want me to believe you are from another world as well? Idiot fool."

  After this exchange, I felt a strong collision against me, knocking me out cold.

   I gasped, jolting awake with a beating heart. I panted heavily in cold sweat and my head spun, still feeling dizziness from the hit I received. With fierce and calm breaths, I slowly regenerated myself. Where... Am I now?

I lifted my head, looking at my new surroundings in confusion. The smell of dust and dirt assaulted my nostrils. It was dark, but slowly my eyes were able to adjust to the darkness. A small sparkle light engulfed the room through the iron bars, barely providing any help to search inside. Spider-webs decorated the corners of this room and if one can look hard enough, little tiny critters can be seen playing on their white leather.

  But what caught my attention was the sound of rattling produced by metal clashing against metal. A slight plug pinched around my wrists, not allowing me to move. My eyes wandered up my arms, towards my elevated wrists. My eyes grew wide as I came to realize that cool metal clamped firmly around my wrists. I followed the chains up to the wall were they began.

  I was chained up in a dungeon.

Author's Note: So I won't have many of these throughout the novel, but I want to give a huge thank you to Creaking_Shadow for her help, without her this novel would be nowhere near as good.